PDA

View Full Version : Saving & reusing motions

spazmonkey
11-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Forgive me if I am asking in the wrong forum

I have looked at the topic titles, and looked through my thick aftermarket LW [8] book, and also a quick browse through my two books on animation with LW8 (Jonny Gordon I believe) but canít seem to find the answer I am looking for. (manuals currently unavailable)

In Animation Master 98 I could make a figure, and if I used the standard naming convention for the bones, I could import and use motions and actions made available from other sources, regardless of the actual configuration of my character.

There were available walking, running and dancing motions standard with the program that I could apply to my martian, robot or chicken.

I have 25+ figures that all will use the same arm and leg configurations, but of different lengths, widths and relationship to the body. The main limbs all end in joints, (think robots) and therefore not integral to the polys that make up the body, though the hands are Mickey Mouse type.

I have a base file with the limbs, and once all skelegons and weight maps are complete.
I will save multiple files with different bodies imported and the limbs adjusted to that body, but the names of slelegons and maps the same for each.
I hope this helps to convey what I am asking.

I would like to do walk, run, jump, etc animations and then record them to be applied to all the other characters that share the same limb configuration, instead of doing it for each of the 25+.

Is something like this possible in LW8? I donít need to know how to do it, I can learn that on my own (I hope) I just need to be pointed in the right direction, but any help or direction would be appreciated.

If this requires a plug-in that is OK too.

Thank you.