PDA

View Full Version : modeling question - Adding points

pixeldepth
11-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Hey guys i'm new to these forums, and to Lightwave, trying to learn it.

I'm working on a tutorial for building a bugatti veyron, and is basically working with splines, I'm having an issue, when i select 2 point of 2 different splines, and connect them (using p), then i add 2 more point to the newly added cross section, it turns into polys, and on the video I'm following it doesn't seem that way, also the newly created points seem to be bezier characteristics, but on mine are more like corner points (really rought).

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? or how to solve the problem?

I'm using the knife tool, but that's irrelevant I want to learn how they're doing it on the video.

I'm running LW9, and the video is W7.5c ... please help!, thanks in advance.

toby
11-05-2006, 11:32 PM
Welcome to Lightwave, and to the forum. It's great here.

If I understand you correctly, you just need to use cntrl-p instead of p.
p makes a polygon, cntrl-p makes a spline.

pixeldepth
11-06-2006, 06:50 AM
DUH, what an idiot, Toby Thanks sooooo much, again, probably an very idiodic question, thanks again.

toby
11-06-2006, 11:37 PM
No problem!
Hey I don't know how good that tutorial is, but I think I should show you the best modeling tutorial ever.
http://www.lwg3d.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14554
The car's not as interesting, but this is the most thorough tutorial you'll ever see, and he's an expert at building photo-real cars, and he makes it easy for you to do so. I did the exterior a few years ago and still use his techniques.

Have fun!

pixeldepth
11-07-2006, 05:20 AM
Thank you so much Toby, I'll definitely do this tutorial; it look pretty complete. Thanks again.

Thanks again.