PDA

View Full Version : beyond virtual

borkus
11-04-2006, 12:23 PM
saw something interesting today. was playing with bv and was thinking to myself that this thing has a lot of potential. just fired up the driving template and it looked pretty good for what it was. shut it down and starting playing need for speed carbon and thought it looked like something bv could do. and lo and behold, i opened up the folder and the files are bv files. at $150 for full liscense, you can't go wrong. especially if it is capable of making a game like need for speed. wonder how many other games are made with bv?

erikals
02-13-2007, 04:58 PM
The A6 engine looks cool though...
http://www.conitec.net/english/gstudio/

borkus
02-18-2007, 08:56 PM
nice find erikals. always looking for different avenues. that looks VERY interesting...

borkus
02-18-2007, 09:09 PM
$899 and $199 are a bit intimitading though. but wouldn't have any problem shelling out the dough to get what i wanted. like that c-script is like java-script. played around with that a little bit. have a full liscense to c4, but c++ is a bit overwhelming...

borkus
02-18-2007, 09:11 PM
still waiting on news from pim. anybody heard anything from them lately? release date, price?

erikals
02-19-2007, 06:41 AM
Yeah it looks quite cool, I bought BV, though it was/is allright, many bugs though, but it is version 1.1 so...

Supports .lwo and .lws files
What I miss is more shaders, but the next release (due soon, end of the month) should have an option for ppl to write their own shaders, so that's quite cool. I liked the paralax shader in A6, hope that comes to BV also..

As far as putting things together, I'm not sure if BV or A6 is the winner.