PDA

View Full Version : "Copy Settings" missing from IKB?

Extent
11-04-2006, 06:44 AM
I can't seem to get the "copy settings" or "set target" options to come up on the IKBoost menu. I double checked with the 9 manual and they're still listed, so I'm not going totally crazy but even working from a cleared scene all I can get to come up for any controller are Rename, Dynamics edit, and Controller edit. Anyone else had a similar problem, or should I just try blowing away my config files?

SplineGod
11-04-2006, 08:14 AM
They come up in mine. Where are you trying to access those options?

Extent
11-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Well I had been setting limits on a new set of skelegons but I can't get it to work with an empty test either. I'm going through the right click menu in IKB (is there another way?)

* Clear scene
* add null
* draw bones
* turn on IKB
* apply IKB to null
* select 1st bone
* select 2nd bone
* right click

SplineGod
11-04-2006, 05:10 PM
You mean bones :)
This is what mine looks like.

Extent
11-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Well yes, skelegons turned into bones :p

Extent
11-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Ok here's an obnoxious answer:
After sifting through ~560 lines of LW9.CFG the absolute last option I compare is the one that fixes it

LeftButtonSelect

If you turn off left button select all the targeting stuff in IKB goes away, turn it on and all the options return, a real shame since working with a skeleton is one of the times I want leftclick select off the most (I use my middle button for everything)

An interesting side effect that I just discovered as well. If you turn on LBS and select a controller, then turn LBS off and continue selecting different controllers it does not update the "copy settings from" controller, so it always shows the last controller selected while in LBS mode. A quick hack to save time while pasting settings from one controller to many others? Not so usefull to me, but interesting to know none the less.