PDA

View Full Version : So is it the 6th already?????

Verlon
11-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Like you didn't see THAT one coming..... :devil:

prospector
11-02-2006, 03:27 PM
ARRggg...I was blindsided :)

prospector
11-02-2006, 03:32 PM
I did notice this
approximately 2pm CST on Monday November 06, 2006.

Now I'm not one to start conspiracies, but that one word could lead us to 11:59 PM on the 6th. :devil:

dang 2 min rule :thumbsdow

Bytehawk
11-02-2006, 03:36 PM
are we there yet?

Intuition
11-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Reserving my post in this soon to be historical thread.

Hmm.... what to say? What to say?

Will the download be delayed or early? Stay tuned.

KillMe
11-02-2006, 06:42 PM
ah **** i never even knew they hd said when they would release it - **** you verlon stealing my thread thunder - ah well hopefully i will keep the record for longest thread =)

T-Light
11-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Look on the bright side, you might get royalties :D

lesterfoster
11-02-2006, 07:31 PM
I must have mist something. What is going to
happen on the 6th??

Extent
11-02-2006, 07:33 PM
I must have mist something. What is going to
happen on the 6th??

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58507

ercaxus
11-02-2006, 10:42 PM
I did notice this

approximately 2pm CST on Monday November 06, 2006.

Now I'm not one to start conspiracies, but that one word could lead us to 11:59 PM on the 6th. :devil:

dang 2 min rule :thumbsdow
What if they are sure about the hour and the day but that "approximately" is aimed at the last part that says "2006"??
I just found another November 06 here (http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/monthly.html?year=2017&month=11&country=1)
:D

Phil
11-02-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm curious as to when the UB version will surface during the Open Beta. Sadly, it won't be the 6th :(.

prospector
11-03-2006, 12:39 AM
What if they are sure about the hour and the day but that "approximately" is aimed at the last part that says "2006"??

Well that would put LW10 at around 2018.

Too long of a delay and all thier customers would go away (well, cept me)

Cuz I believe in :newtek:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

StereoMike
11-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Is it that time of the year again? I wonder how long the thread gets :)
And: No need to worry about important and wise words you would write in here. This is all about.... hm lemme think, it's all about... upping your thread counts?
Anyway, I'll have fun with the beta on the sixth. I hope the sixth of this year...
I wonder if the new object id thing will get you out of trouble when you're doubling a character with lots of expressions etc (which currently won't work for the cloned character, at least for me)

Mike

Chris S. (Fez)
11-03-2006, 01:34 AM
Running Lightwave 9.2/Fprime on one of those new quad-cores is gonna be so sweet. Or should I wait for dual quad cores...

Anyone see the latest Southpark? I rarely get queezy, but that episode did it. Anyway, I wouldn't mind being cryogenically frozen until Monday.

StereoMike
11-03-2006, 02:06 AM
Hah, I have a lan party over the weekend at my place. So I would mind being cryogenically frozen! Kicking some butts at the weekend and voila, it's the sixth. Now that's what I call timemachine.

Plakkie
11-03-2006, 02:08 AM
Aaaah... Beta-time! I can only guess to what sf-serie you are going to introduce me this thread. :)

I didn't expect this new version to be introduced so soon. Newtek is really working hard. :bowdown:

Limbus
11-03-2006, 02:46 AM
I hope they release it early. Us europeans have to wait till the late evening do download it and I am sure that the speed to europe will be very bad in the beginning.

How about we get it at 2 P.M. GMT from NTE? :D

Florian

colkai
11-03-2006, 03:16 AM
Like you didn't see THAT one coming..... :devil:
Oh is SO saw it coming, rather like the barrage of "those" invevitable threads by "those" people, you know what I mean, oh yes you do! ;)

T-Light
11-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Remember though, the beta only opens its doors at 2:00pm CST on the sixth, we all have to re-register and it can be 48 hours before be get a reply.

Monday could be a very long day indeed....:devil:

prospector
11-03-2006, 08:21 AM
... upping your thread counts?

Why that's thread abuse and is forbidden in the UN charter.
You should never post incoherently just for the sake of posting.

It's like exercising, you were born with a finite amount of allotted heartbeats, (as is coded in your computer punch card that God handles),

Exercise increases the rate of your heartbeat, so you use them up faster, when your countdown reaches zero, you die, so I am totally against anything that makes your heart beat faster.

And Newtek doesn't help with exciting releases. Excuse me while I go take a few Darvon. Must slow down.

T-Light
11-03-2006, 08:32 AM
I've had just over 1,398,096,000 heart beats so far. 1,298,000,000 were used up during Hmmm 16th already.

I agree prospector, there aught to be an 'Office of the Surgeon General' warning on these forums :D

Bytehawk
11-03-2006, 08:32 AM
i can imagine the virtual queue forming already. I got my tent ready, I'm camping in front of the entrance.

colkai
11-03-2006, 08:46 AM
Ya can share my flask of coffee if ya want, it is "fortified" ;) :p

T-Light
11-03-2006, 08:52 AM
Been hanging on Newtek's virtual doorstop since the 'beta edit rules' post. I've had the trash dumped on me twice and moved on for vagrancy by Chuck.

Anyone brought a portapotty?, I'm bustin here.

Nicolas Jordan
11-03-2006, 09:04 AM
I'm in line ready to camp the weekend with my Lightwave costume on. :lightwave

MiniFireDragon
11-03-2006, 10:24 AM
I hope they release it early. Us europeans have to wait till the late evening do download it and I am sure that the speed to europe will be very bad in the beginning.

How about we get it at 2 P.M. GMT from NTE? :D

Florian

Just think about the poor Japanese users. They get to wait a whole extra day!

I thought the suspensful waits were only limited to Network TV and block buster movies!

... To be continued

Bytehawk
11-03-2006, 10:46 AM
I would have preferred a sunday release since they chose te same day I get to the shop to collect my new laptop. Too many toys for one day is not healthy.

T-Light
11-03-2006, 10:49 AM
MiniFireDragon -

Just think about the poor Japanese users. They get to wait a whole extra day!
Not if Military Commander Komichi has anything to do with it :D

Verlon
11-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Well, on the bright side. It couldn't go much worse than the Vue 6 release.

art
11-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Exercise increases the rate of your heartbeat, so you use them up faster, when your countdown reaches zero, you die, so I am totally against anything that makes your heart beat faster.

I've heard that death is body's defense against unhealthy lifestyle.

Where is my scotch...

MiniFireDragon
11-04-2006, 10:45 AM
<closes eyes and concentrates real hard on moving into the future>

Darn, I need to stop watching Hereos. It's really warping my view on reality.

ShawnStovall
11-04-2006, 09:18 PM
It's become a franchise....

Bytehawk
11-05-2006, 03:45 PM
less than 24 hours to go....

lion111
11-05-2006, 03:59 PM
nice t_shirt

prospector
11-05-2006, 04:05 PM
I have 32:54:11 left

prospector
11-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Save the cheerleader...save the world

Exception
11-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Prospector, can you give your avatar some pupils? She's freaking me out...

:)

prospector
11-05-2006, 04:55 PM
She has some...:thumbsup:

look closely

closer

closer

closer

you are under her spell
you will send her all your money :jester:

she's dialated

JohnMarchant
11-05-2006, 05:08 PM
8 Hours and 55 Mins to go :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:newtek: + :lwicon: = True Love :)

prospector
11-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Time Left

21:35:18 stated
31:34:26 possable

prospector
11-05-2006, 05:26 PM
F5

nope not yet

prospector
11-05-2006, 05:27 PM
F5

arrgggg not yet

prospector
11-05-2006, 05:28 PM
F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 :jester:

connerh
11-05-2006, 05:49 PM
You people need a 12 step program to get you off this addiction to updates. Seriously, it's sick and it's annoying. Go away, get a life.

f5 f5 f5 f5

Bytehawk
11-05-2006, 05:59 PM
are we there yet?

Exception
11-05-2006, 06:10 PM
We zijn er bijjjjjjjjjjjjjna we zijn er bijjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjna maar nog niet helemaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!

(dutch song you sing in the car repeatedly when you get close to your holiday destination to see how red your parents can become and wether they're really that non violent)

prospector
11-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Nothing?

You'd think Newtek just might release it early :cool: :devil:

ShawnStovall
11-05-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm thinkin' about as early as the first Beta....:D

digefxgrp
11-05-2006, 07:46 PM
You people need a 12 step program to get you off this addiction to updates. Seriously, it's sick and it's annoying. Go away, get a life.
No doubt. Besides, if you would have bought into the Vue6 pre-release you'd care less when another LW beta was coming. You'd be too busy creating wide-open vistas complete with volumetric clouds or massive mountain ranges complete with volumetric clouds or painting pretty Eco systems complete with volumetric clouds...:hey:

T-Light
11-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Been doing an all nighter, contract has to finish this morning, still won't be done for another 3 hours or so and I'm starting to vibrate with all the black coffees. Fraid it looks like I'll miss the launch chaps...

...Nah only kiddin :D, Alarms set for 2pm Texas time:thumbsup:

Tiger
11-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Downloading...

soooon ; )

BazC
11-06-2006, 01:01 AM
T minus 12 hours and counting........

Verlon
11-06-2006, 01:26 AM
No doubt. Besides, if you would have bought into the Vue6 pre-release you'd care less when another LW beta was coming. You'd be too busy creating wide-open vistas complete with volumetric clouds or massive mountain ranges complete with volumetric clouds or painting pretty Eco systems complete with volumetric clouds...:hey:

Well....assuming you could actuallly download it, and that you had finished downloading by now since the servers have been slow and/or down a lot lately.

..and the download wasn't corrupted.

...and you could enter your serial number once you had the uncorrupted download since the serial program won't let you right click paste or type in certain characters that are present in all serial numbers.

..and you could enter your activation number (since the activation program won't let you right click paste or type in certain characters that are present in all activation numbers) once you managed to enter your serial number after finally getting the uncorrupted download after several multi-hour attempts at downloading

...and you weren't still trying to get your missing extras CD after finally entering you activation number after finally entering your serial number after finally getting the uncorrupted download after several multi-hours attempts at downloading.

Other than that....Vue 6 seems to be pretty cool. I like it better than Vue 5.

colkai
11-06-2006, 02:28 AM
So I gets into work, gets an I.M. from a good buddy, says "not gonna get much done tonight!"
So me, like an ole fool, says "why", totally forgot overnight that LW9.2 is due today.
Blame is on the gorramn 'air bomb' barrages going off until 3AM, if I'd wanted to live in a war zone, I'd a moved to Iraq!

Ok, rant over. :p

T-Light
11-06-2006, 02:52 AM
Well thats me dun in.

Need to go to bed and can't, girlfriends painting the bedroom now so I've got to try and get a decent days kip on a couch. Dandy. See you all at 2.

DiedonD
11-06-2006, 03:29 AM
Hah, I have a lan party over the weekend at my place. So I would mind being cryogenically frozen! Kicking some butts at the weekend and voila, it's the sixth. Now that's what I call timemachine.

Try playing Onimusha 4 for time traveling. You would be surprized to see that its the 16th of God knows what year, after you get somewhere in the middle of the game, tops.

Im a bit low cause Ive just killed the last boss, and Onimusha 5 is not even on a waiting list. Im gonna have to walkthrough time the "traditional" way. No time travelling for me until .... well not specified yet on that darn list.

Im even thinking of modeling for free for them, just so they can get the next series up and running faster... Anyway, Im not hijacker.... Wow LW9.2 huh...wooooww.... when will Beta be over and it be released?

BazC
11-06-2006, 04:14 AM
Well thats me dun in.

Need to go to bed and can't, girlfriends painting the bedroom now so I've got to try and get a decent days kip on a couch. Dandy. See you all at 2.

Ouch! It's bad enough trying to sleep during the day but on the couch!? I feel for you! :(

BazC
11-06-2006, 05:00 AM
T minus 8 hours and counting........

DiscoBurgess
11-06-2006, 05:37 AM
Guys, I think I found the changelog for 9.2:

Changes since 9.0
-Arnold Schwarzenegger will now scream out the name of every tool you click on.
-All mouse pointers are now blue.
-Clicking a layer in surface editor will now randomly select any available layer, regardless of what was clicked. This replaces the previous behaviour of selecting a layer based on the day of the week, position of the moon and ambient temperature in Dubai.
-New primitive type added: humpbacked whale. This will dramatically improve workflow for users working on projects involving humpbacked whales.
-Layout now supports light guns.
-Modeler now supports time travel.
-Added "Order Coke and Pizza" button. This will dramatically improve workflow for users who like Coke and Pizza.
-Added mind interface. You can now imagine any object and lightwave will create it immediately. Be aware this is an early beta, though. It may erase up to six weeks of memories and cause diahorrea.
-Layout will now interface correctly with "Barbie Horse Adventures PC-CDROM"
-Hub will now crash reliably. Previously, Hub could not be relied upon to crash each and every time it was used.

;)

On one or two of those, no offense intended, LW devs. Just kidding around. The rest are pure nonsense. Obviously :D

Bytehawk
11-06-2006, 06:09 AM
LOL

that's a good one !

BeeVee
11-06-2006, 06:19 AM
Umm, actually we couldn't afford Schwarzie's fee for the voiceover, so we ended up using a voice "sound-alike" who also produces humorous answerphone messages.

B

DiscoBurgess
11-06-2006, 06:49 AM
Ridiculous! The Lightwave 9 feature list explicitly promised that Arnie would be an integral part of the 9.x cycle. We were promised him for 9.0! Not only were you going to deliver him late in 9.2, but now I hear you're using some kind of third-party Schwarzenegger replacement?

You should be ashamed of yourselves, Newtek. You've let the customer base down. I hear that XSI has had Sean Connery bellowing out not just tool names, but full-on tooltips as well, since 1998.

I demand you get Dick Van Dyke on the phone immediately and have him take on the role of Tool Shouter for 9.3, otherwise I'm switching to Milkshape.

DiedonD
11-06-2006, 07:22 AM
And have Jackie (Jackie Chan) speak for the Chinese market... as it was promised on that 30 of February day of that year. Or else what kind of a firm is these. Hey DiscoBurgess, even you and me can open a firm like this. I mean we'll "promise" that our product will reach the moon even with higher speed than the ones that are randomly used today, at economic level, and of course we wont keep the promise and well keep the money instead.
I mean... My grandma can have a firm like that. Promise and dont keep upt to your promises, yeeeesh.
Now have Jackie for Chinese market ... NOW!!!!
(And have James Bellushi for the Albanian market while your at it too)

T-Light
11-06-2006, 08:01 AM
I can not beeelieve Shwarzenneger's voice is to be faked :2guns:

Shocking news, AND on the same day Discreet have signed up Dustin Hoffman to play 'nose flute' during renders.

I feel abused :(

blindsided
11-06-2006, 08:17 AM
Guys, I think I found the changelog for 9.2:

-Added mind interface. You can now imagine any object and lightwave will create it immediately. Be aware this is an early beta, though. It may erase up to six weeks of memories and cause diahorrea.

i had hoped they would have got the diahorrea thing sorted by now:thumbsdow

T-Light
11-06-2006, 08:28 AM
DiscoBurgess

It may erase up to six weeks of memories and cause diahorrea
blindsided -

i had hoped they would have got the diahorrea thing sorted by now
They can't, as soon as they think the problems cracked they have to test it. Of course, they wake up several hours later with pants full of poo and no memory of the last six weeks. And so... the cycle starts all over.

Jeez, and to think we're all looking forward to beta testing. Have your nappies at the ready again guys.

DiscoBurgess
11-06-2006, 08:40 AM
Thing is, we have it easy, really. One toilet per beta tester. Imagine the queue at Newtek HQ as all the employees queue for the single toilet. And that's after they've found it through the haze of memory loss.

I guess they always have Modeler's all-new Time Travel support, so they can go back in time and warn their past selves not to test the mind interface. Probably best they don't do that, though, until they've got proper Causality Paradox Filtering in.

Bytehawk
11-06-2006, 08:43 AM
do you have to think in English or does it support other languages too?

*Pete*
11-06-2006, 08:55 AM

the developers dont remember if they thought "color" or "colour" during the tests..due to the 6 week mem loss...

DogBoy
11-06-2006, 09:00 AM
And have Jackie (Jackie Chan) speak for the Chinese market...

I think you'll find he is already contracted for the dynamics engine.

Exception
11-06-2006, 09:56 AM
T minus um... 4 hours?

BazC
11-06-2006, 09:57 AM
T minus um... 4 hours?

3 by my reckoning, should be 20:00GMT

T-Light
11-06-2006, 09:59 AM
Three hours 2 minutes....

The last hour just flew, I'd check your watch Exception, you'll get stuck in the traffic :eek:

Exception
11-06-2006, 10:01 AM
LW is planning on implementing fractal design parameters for lw 9.3. With this new technology complex 2 dimensional shapes can be created with infinite accuracy using the mind hook interface used for controlling modeling. The tool will extrapolate the user's thought pattern and create an infinite array of forms. Newtek is currently looking for graphic artists to help betatest their new tools. Diarrhoa pills are provided free of charge.
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58211

Exception
11-06-2006, 10:02 AM
The last hour just flew, I'd check your watch Exception, you'll get stuck in the traffic :eek:

Oh I'm tied to my chair here in the school. No need for traffic.
My dearest alfa romeo is sitting in the back yard with a tarp over it.

*cries*

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 10:21 AM

Obscure Firefox reference?

bryphi7
11-06-2006, 10:27 AM
I just so happened to check my NT account, and noticed that I have my beta lic key and serial number already... No beta though.

bryphi7
11-06-2006, 10:31 AM
No I am wrong! It was for the original beta... OOPs.

MiniFireDragon
11-06-2006, 10:42 AM
HA! I think the wait has made u dellusional!

Actually I think we have all gone mad! hovering over the clock, checking it every two seconds watching the time tick tick tick away.

Pressing F5 over and over and over again until... *SNAP* Oh no what now!
Then you wake up from the nightmare to realize you have hours left to wait!

badllarma
11-06-2006, 10:53 AM
How far behind the UK are they BTW :)

Limbus
11-06-2006, 11:00 AM
How far behind the UK are they BTW :)

6 hours.

MiniFireDragon
11-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Double click your clock and look at your time zone settings then scroll down to Central time and combine the 2 to get your time zone different. That is, if you are on a Windows Based system.

As a note, Nvidia has a Driver release as of Nov 2, 2006. I know last beta I had to update my video card drivers to get the opengl to function correctly.

I wonder if a new record will be set today as to the amount of users on at once. Last record was 3-26-2006, 932 users at 10:25am

T-Light
11-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Texas is 6 hours behind us now, 2 hrs to go :jam:

T-Light
11-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Jees 2 posts too late, we're all on the ball today :D

T-Light
11-06-2006, 11:05 AM
MiniFireDragon -

Double click your clock and look at your time zone settings then scroll down to Central time and combine the 2 to get your time zone different.
Or google it :devil: :D

Limbus
11-06-2006, 11:08 AM
I just whish NewTek would Post GMT Times. :D :D

digefxgrp
11-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Well....assuming you could actuallly download it, and that you had finished downloading by now since the servers have been slow and/or down a lot lately.

..and the download wasn't corrupted.

...and you could enter your serial number once you had the uncorrupted download since the serial program won't let you right click paste or type in certain characters that are present in all serial numbers.

..and you could enter your activation number (since the activation program won't let you right click paste or type in certain characters that are present in all activation numbers) once you managed to enter your serial number after finally getting the uncorrupted download after several multi-hour attempts at downloading

...and you weren't still trying to get your missing extras CD after finally entering you activation number after finally entering your serial number after finally getting the uncorrupted download after several multi-hours attempts at downloading.
See...all that would help keep your mind off 9.2 beta and you wouldn't have the time to be posting repeated "Is it out yet?" messages on the forums.:)

StereoMike
11-06-2006, 11:29 AM
What's the release date and time here in Germany? I'm too lazy to wrap my head around it. And chances are someone already did :)

Mike

Exception
11-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Whatever time it is now + 1.5 hours.

bryphi7
11-06-2006, 11:37 AM
2.5 hours to go... Its 11:30 in texas

T-Light
11-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Germany is X hours ahead of Britain Which is Z hours behind Moscow and Y hours in front Greenland and Montego Bay, hope that helps.

In fact, If you grab a notebook and pen and extrapolate your current longitude from the time it would take to reach the Orkney Islands from the berring straits via Falmouth in a rubber dingy powered by a toy windmill... Then that should give all of us just enough time to download the beta before you're finished, no no, need for thanks :D

1hour 16 minutes to go.

tick

tick

tick

Lew
11-06-2006, 11:47 AM
“. . .will begin at approximately 2pm CST on Monday November 06, 2006.”

So, whatta ya think approximately means? 1:30 - 2:30, or perhaps tomorrow some time.

I think we should just try to remain clam, I mean calm.

Lew

T-Light
11-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Lew -

So, whatta ya think approximately means?
It means they're trying to tease us with their wiley ways.

Bytehawk
11-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Obscure Firefox reference?

you got it !!!!!!

Exception
11-06-2006, 11:55 AM
2.5 hours to go... Its 11:30 in texas

No its 12:56

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 11:58 AM
“. . .will begin at approximately 2pm CST on Monday November 06, 2006.”

So, whatta ya think approximately means? 1:30 - 2:30, or perhaps tomorrow some time.

I think we should just try to remain clam, I mean calm.

Lew

It means that we cannot be held responsible for unforseen acts of the Flying Spaghetti Monster that may make it go a few minutes past that.

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 11:59 AM
you got it !!!!!!

Yes, it's true. Weird Al wrote the song about me. I am just too white and nerdy.

JohnMarchant
11-06-2006, 12:01 PM
Hey Bugger off on holiday you, like i said we will be watching you, you will never know where and when but we will be

:beerchug: :jam: :beerchug: = :eek:

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks, but they're not letting me out of the padded room until Noon Thursday. :beerchug:

Bytehawk
11-06-2006, 12:06 PM
poor Kurtis,

hey, is your mugshot on this page ? http://www.newtek.com/newtek/career_3d_web_designer.php

MiniFireDragon
11-06-2006, 12:11 PM
AAAhahahahah the impossible wait time begins... less then 1 hr...

Tick..

tick..

... Doh, where's the batteries!

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Nope.

Top to bottom, they are:

Kevin Nations - Video Development
Brian Arndt - Now at DAVE School
Ricky Hortman - MIS Manager
Shay Johnson - Video Marketing
Kevin Rouviere - Video Development

BazC
11-06-2006, 12:15 PM
45mins :D

Exception
11-06-2006, 12:16 PM
I feel Lightwave development team is underrepresented on that page. I DEMAND that be rectified before Lw 9.2 comes out!

*Pete*
11-06-2006, 12:29 PM
30 minutes....

Pomfried
11-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Wohaaaa, pulse getting faster!
Excitement is growing!

Aaaaand... (maybe it's just me, but) the forums seem to begin crawling... :D

30 minutes to go

edit: **** *Pete* was faster :P

nukemodular
11-06-2006, 12:32 PM
30 minutes....
28 :p

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 12:33 PM
I feel Lightwave development team is underrepresented on that page. I DEMAND that be rectified before Lw 9.2 comes out!

You're assuming you'd actually want to see photos of any of us. :D

Exception
11-06-2006, 12:38 PM
You're assuming you'd actually want to see photos of any of us. :D

uhhh... aah! hence the mask!

*Pete*
11-06-2006, 12:41 PM
less than 20!!!!

Pomfried
11-06-2006, 12:45 PM
15!

*wets his pants*

bryphi7
11-06-2006, 12:46 PM
T-15 and counting.:D :D :D :D

*Pete*
11-06-2006, 12:51 PM
9.2 minutes!!!

Exception
11-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Can we start complaining that it's late yet?

Earl
11-06-2006, 12:52 PM
9.2 minutes!!!
OMG... is there a connection?? :eek:

*Pete*
11-06-2006, 12:53 PM
OMG... is there a connection?? :eek:

i hope not...becouse now its 6.5 minutes :eek:

creativecontrol
11-06-2006, 12:54 PM
8 minutes. Christ we're sad.:caffeine:

bryphi7
11-06-2006, 12:55 PM

dballesg
11-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Tha banner upcoming it is an automatic process or they let Kurtis at charge of the Red Button, so he can make us suffer a bit longer? ;)

JohnMarchant

JohnMarchant

Bytehawk
11-06-2006, 12:58 PM

JohnMarchant

Pomfried

*Pete*
11-06-2006, 12:59 PM
ok....im downloading!!!

in 1 minute

T-Light
Oh No, Don't let Darth Kurtis near the button :eek:

JohnMarchant

T-Light
11-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Are we there yet?

Pomfried
ok....im downloading!!!

in 1 minute

SCREW YOU!!! You don't want to kill me, do you?

Pomfried

Exception
Oh yeh I got it...

I mean, my sandwich.

Bytehawk
11-06-2006, 01:01 PM
are we there yet ?

bryphi7
-1 loading my shotgun...

T-Light
It's not there, Kurtis escaped with the release button, Chuck, Jay, get after him!

*Pete*
- 1 minute...i dont see it yet.

Pomfried
11-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Me.... waaaants... nooooooow... Please NewTek end my suffering :(

Exception
2 minutes over time.

*punches in San Antonio, TX into missile navigation system*

Earl
Kurtis stole the banner for the 9.2 beta registration!

Bytehawk
i spray painted the red button green in case you're looking for it...

dballesg
11-06-2006, 01:03 PM
It is not April's Fools in Texas, isn´t? :D

Bytehawk
11-06-2006, 01:05 PM
it's probably the spaghetti monster

T-Light
11-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Bytehawk -

i spray painted the red button green in case you're looking for it...
So Kurtis escaped with the wrong Button :beerchug:

But Do Chuck and Jay know that?

Tune in tomorrow :eek: for the next enthralling episode

*Pete*
11-06-2006, 01:06 PM
-5 minutes....this kind of waiting is worse than when you have a set time....im refreshing the registration page nonstop just not miss one more second of potential download time.

Bytehawk
11-06-2006, 01:07 PM
well green is a nicer color. ....
it means go :)

Pomfried
11-06-2006, 01:08 PM
it's probably the spaghetti monster
mh~~~ hungry... :devil:

Dragon Lee
11-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Laugh it up fuzzballs!

We'll get our hands on the beta somehow :p

arsad
You didn't expect NT to be on time... did you? ;-)

Earl
I setup a macro on multiple computers and it refreshes the registration page every half second.

*Pete*
11-06-2006, 01:10 PM
...perhaps arnold called and agreed to do the voices for the buttons??

i just cant see any other reason for holding the release of the beta.

Bytehawk
how many times has the registration page been refreshed in the last 15 minutes?

Exception
I have evidence!

creativecontrol
11-06-2006, 01:11 PM
I setup a macro on multiple computers and it refreshes the registration page every half second.

No wonder they can't upload it, you've locked up their server!:D

*Pete*
11-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Kurtis is gone btw...did anyone see him post anything in the last few minutes??

gatibee
11-06-2006, 01:13 PM
****, it took me 1 0minutes to figure out the CMT -6 time plus -2 here ..
And now 15 more minutes for waiting.... i wan´t that time back :(

Exception
11-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Didn't you see, he's on the swing!

Earl
****, it took me 1 0minutes to figure out the CMT -6 time plus -2 here ..
And now 15 more minutes for waiting.... i wan´t that time back :(
The new TimeWarp plugin that came with 9.0 could help with that...

hrgiger
Any chance they meant November 6th, 2007?

Bytehawk
11-06-2006, 01:15 PM
remember to read the NDA !!!

*Pete*
11-06-2006, 01:16 PM
remember to read the NDA !!!

yeah...sure....WHILE DOWNLOADING :thumbsup:

Pomfried
11-06-2006, 01:16 PM
The new TimeWarp plugin that came with 9.0 could help with that...
:D I wanted to post something similar but forgot the **** name of that plugin :beerchug:

bryphi7
11-06-2006, 01:17 PM
we need rehab...

Pomfried
11-06-2006, 01:17 PM
It's theeeeeeeeeeere!!!!!!!!!!

dballesg
11-06-2006, 01:18 PM
It is clear they made bets about how many users would be posting today! :) And I think Kurtis won, and know he is changing his Holidays tickets to Malibu! :)

Exception
Got It!!!

Earl
I would like to ask everyone to please hold off on registering and downloading the beta until I am finished, to ensure that my bandwidth is at maximum capacity.

Exception
11-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Error 550: Failed To Change Directory

Aargh!

T-Light
11-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Pomfreid -

I wanted to post something similar but forgot the **** name of that plugin
That's the side effect of using the mind link in 9.2??? How on Earth?

Exception
11-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Anyone getting the 550 error?

creativecontrol
11-06-2006, 01:21 PM

Aargh!

Me too! I guess I was too slow on the button!!

Bytehawk
yep 550 here, cannot change to ftp directrory

Medi8or
file not found...
:(

T-Light
I'M IN,I'min,iminiminiminiminimin

hrgiger
Like Earl, I'm going to have to ask everyone to stop trying to download the beta for my maximum bandwidth enjoyment. Thank you.

Pomfried
11-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Hmm, about 13 minutes to go. That's too LOOONG

Exception
11-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Look, I know where you all live ok, If you want to keep your garden fence from being 'accidentally' maimed over the following week, then just take a break for 20 minutes while I download.

Bytehawk
I got it !!!!!!!!!!

Pomfried
Maybe you guys should try some ftp client, because Firefox failed for me too :)

nukemodular
11-06-2006, 01:24 PM
550 failed to change directory????...whazzup?...wheeeheee...mumumumum

Exception
11-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Firefox: 550 error

IE: Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Input string was not in a correct format.

T-Light
11-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Somewhere on this planet there's an FTP server coughing flames.

Pomfried
11-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Yeah, indeed, the server just crashed I believe (just like the forums did several times if I'm correct)

Bytehawk
11-06-2006, 01:30 PM
no the server is up

colkai
11-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Aargh!
Likewise

Earl
11-06-2006, 01:31 PM
I feel bad for the NewTek employees who have to manually change the access rights for each beta participant's forum username. That can't be fun...

...on a side note, edit my forum access rights first please. :D

DiscoBurgess
11-06-2006, 01:32 PM
FTP client did the trick for me first time. IE failed like a turkey.

Pomfried
11-06-2006, 01:34 PM
no the server is up
Weird! Keeps coming and going for me :eek:

Medi8or
11-06-2006, 01:34 PM
FTP client did the trick for me first time.What client? Opera failed, IE failed, the command line ftp client that comes with Windows failed...

creativecontrol
11-06-2006, 01:35 PM
IE and firefox failed for me

Pomfried
11-06-2006, 01:35 PM
What client? Opera failed, IE failed, the command line ftp client that comes with Windows failed...

For example SmartFTP or FlashFXP :)

DiscoBurgess
11-06-2006, 01:36 PM
I feel bad for the NewTek employees who have to manually change the access rights for each beta participant's forum username. That can't be fun...
Of course, I didn't think of that. I wa wondering why I didn't have access. I guess it's not really worth writing code to go delving into vB's database from the register system just for the one or two times this will happen.

nukemodular
11-06-2006, 01:36 PM
and what username and pw??...the one from the forum log?

DiscoBurgess
11-06-2006, 01:37 PM
What client? Opera failed, IE failed, the command line ftp client that comes with Windows failed...
I used FTP Explorer, but I'm sure others will work too.

Medi8or
11-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Muahaha! Downloading. :D

Bitboy
11-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Woohoo! Got it! :D

*runs off to play with 9.2*

DiscoBurgess
11-06-2006, 01:40 PM
and what username and pw??...the one from the forum log?
I won't give them out here, I guess I'm not supposed to, but when you try to get the update on your product page, the username, password and address (in that order) should all appear as one long ftp:// call in your address bar. Just take out the seperators, and use what's left (ie the : and @ and stuff).

Ztreem
11-06-2006, 01:41 PM
worked with Firefox for me now. Soon I'm playing..:)

EyelandArts.com
11-06-2006, 01:41 PM
IE works, I think they just have some virtual cue going. Just have to wait your turn.

Simon
11-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Tried IE and it's working for me, I knew it was good for something ..... whoo-hoo 19% and counting ... no wait 21% .... 27%

nukemodular
11-06-2006, 01:43 PM
mmm...new license key...my 9er won´t work...any tricks?

JohnMarchant
11-06-2006, 01:44 PM
55 % and going, slow download but not to bad. I will soon have my grubby little mits playing.

Bet it quietens down on the forum for abit when we all have it

:newtek: :newtek:

MiniFireDragon
11-06-2006, 01:44 PM
HA! From broadband back to dialup speeds.

Where's comcasts download accelerator now!

JohnMarchant
11-06-2006, 01:45 PM
55 seconds left :):)

JohnMarchant
11-06-2006, 01:45 PM
10 Secs :):):)

JohnMarchant
11-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Yahoo :):):):):):):):):)

nukemodular
11-06-2006, 01:46 PM

soorry...my fault...im just too exited!

Pomfried
11-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Did you check your emails?

juanjgon
11-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Aggggg!!! ... mac version is not there :(

BazC
11-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Has anyone managed to get the Mac version? I can download the Windows version with IE but I keep getting the message "Failed to open file" on the Mac download :(

Pomfried
11-06-2006, 01:53 PM
I doubt anyone has been able to download the Mac version as it's not listed on the server.

Bytehawk
it is on the server...

juanjgon
This problem here too :(

juanjgon
11-06-2006, 01:56 PM
It works now :)

T-Light
11-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Got it, registered it, rendering NOW :D

MiniFireDragon
11-06-2006, 02:05 PM
T-Light - to improve render speed open up you command prompt and type format C:

:)
(yes, I am evil).

Medi8or
11-06-2006, 02:05 PM
So.. Did anyone read the nda before downloading? Was it really just an nda, or did we all give away our property, firstborn, etc... :D

BazC
11-06-2006, 02:08 PM
It's working for me now too :D

Intuition
11-06-2006, 02:27 PM
SO the beta forums are still a day or so away right?

No bugs to report, ...yet, I was just curious. ;)

nukemodular
11-06-2006, 02:27 PM
wow...thank u newtek!!!!...for the first minutes i´m really impressed...please open up the beta forums, so that we can start discussing...:dance:

T-Light
11-06-2006, 03:11 PM
MiniFireDragon -

T-Light - to improve render speed open up you command prompt and type format C:

:D

Intuition
11-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Oh N/m I see the Beta forums now.. ;)

jasonwestmas
11-06-2006, 03:23 PM
U DO!? I don't.

T-Light
11-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Oh yes, thanks for that, I'm off for a look.

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 03:37 PM
The Open Beta forums are now open. Please try this link while you are logged-in to the forums.
http://www.newtek.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=185
If you cannot reach this link yet, people are being added as fast as possible. If you are not able to reach the link within 2 business days and do not receive an email asking for updated information, please contact Customer Service for assistance.

colkai
11-07-2006, 02:26 AM
Got it this morning, decided it was unwise to try again last night.
Just awaiting me temp key before I fire her up, plus, I'm at work now so it's gotta wait till lunch Boo Hoo. ;)

Bytehawk
11-07-2006, 03:31 AM
:cursin:

:beta:

let me in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beta:forum

T-Light
11-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Not a sausage here in 3 weeks???

What happened???

Back where I come from it used to be called official censorship

Before they banned it 8/ 8/ 8/

jasonwestmas
11-22-2006, 08:09 PM
So what were we talking about? :)

DiedonD
11-23-2006, 03:15 AM
So what were we talking about? :)

Jason.... If you ever care about common sense dont ever come to here, specifically because you'll never know what were they talking about.
And it pretty darn quickly gets filled with so many not so catchy responses that you wouldnt have time/interest in reading all of it just to know where the conversation was left. Whats worse going through it all, unlike other threads, just misleads you even further

Just an advice, everything would be well if you dont get in here. The stars will still shine, the sun will still dawn, even birds will still sing. Maybe its not too late for you, since you already did get in here, so just snap out of it, and leave before its too late.

(I did my best in sounding like that wizard in LOR, any evaluations?

jasonwestmas
11-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Well considering that this thread is pretty much dead I was just wondering what T-light was talking about ;)

T-Light
08-25-2008, 08:03 AM
jason

I was just wondering what T-light was talking about
Phhttt. No idea. Do you like my comic timing? :D

ps, been going through these old posts looking for anything on the old fprime - commander komichi/kamichi/komotchi? posts.

Anyone know where they are?

jasonwestmas
08-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Long time no see T-Light. I remember you nice fur posts using Fiber Factory. I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen anything with the new Fiber FX stuff yet.

Sorry no, I never used Fpime till LW 9.2.

T-Light
08-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Hello there :)
I've been about the last few weeks but for the rest of the year I've been coding. 2008 has been teee-deeee-um.

The new ffx is fantastic, rendered a spider with it last week, it's ok but its sat on a tiles model that I did a rushed job of UV mapping. The tiles need doing again before i pop it into the 9.5 gallery. Have some bugs I need take care of this aftenoon in my code, then I might just crack open that scene again, or better yet, the girl from the 9.2 demo reel. Allways bugged me that She didn't have hair.

Fingers crossed, I'll get back to them soon. :)