PDA

View Full Version : LightWave v9.2 Open Beta Launch Information

Kurtis
11-02-2006, 02:28 PM
NewTek is pleased to announce that the LightWave v9.2 Open Beta program for the 32-bit PC, 32-bit Mac (PowerPC) and 64-bit PC platforms will begin at approximately 2pm CST on Monday November 06, 2006.

The LightWave v9.2 Open Beta program will be open to all registered owners of LightWave v9.0 educational or commercial licenses. When the program begins, all qualified applicants will need to log-in to their NewTek product registration account at http://register.newtek.com. If you are qualified, you will see a LightWave v9.2 Open Beta banner at the top of the page. Click this banner to read and agree to the NDA and provide your NewTek Discussion Forums log-in ID. Once you have done this, please download the software appropriate for your platform from your My Downloads page.

If you have not already signed up for a NewTek Discussion Forums account (http://www.newtek.com/forums) log-in ID (forums name/alias), please register for one (http://www.newtek.com/forums/register.php) before applying for the LightWave v9.2 Open Beta program. You will need this in order to access the private LightWave Open Beta Forums, which is the only place you may discuss the Open Beta program software until the end of the LightWave v9.2 Open Beta cycle. Access to the private Open Beta forums may take up to two business days after you agree to the NDA and provide your log-in ID.

Everyone interested in participating in the LightWave v9.2 open beta program will need to complete the process outlined above.

If you do not currently qualify for the Open Beta program, but would like to participate, you may still do so by purchasing a full version of LightWave v9 or upgrading an existing license of LightWave 3D to LightWave v9. You can purchase LightWave directly from NewTek online at http://shop.newtek.com or by phone at 1-800-368-5441. You may also purchase from your local authorized NewTek reseller. To find the Authorized Reseller near you, in North America visit http://www.newtek.com/dealers/us.php or outside North America visit http://www.newtek.com/dealers/international.php.

LightWave 3D Development & Marketing

titane357
11-05-2006, 03:01 AM
hello, I have some problem with CST time, so "approximately 2pm CST" is a little bit magic... (I search on the web but not really clear)
Can you help me (and perhaps a lot of europeen people), just for my own knowledge ?
Thanks.

meatycheesyboy
11-05-2006, 03:12 AM
titane357,

2pm CST on Monday is 9pm on Monday in Paris.

Here is where I went to figure it out http://www.timezoneconverter.com/

titane357
11-05-2006, 09:30 AM

Philbert
11-05-2006, 04:36 PM
The LightWave v9.2 Open Beta program will be open to all registered owners of LightWave v9.0 educational or commercial licenses. When the program begins, all qualified applicants will need to log-in to their NewTek product registration account

I assume this means 9.0 beta testers have to resign up as well?

Medi8or
11-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Appearantly they changed a bit in the nda, so yes, we have to sign up again...

colkai
11-06-2006, 02:41 AM
Kurits, lovin' the Avatar, just had to pop in to say that. :D

Medi8or
11-06-2006, 04:02 AM
Hey, he's out of the straight jacket... Should we worry, or...?

starbase1
11-06-2006, 04:13 AM
But it's not animated!

tyrot
11-06-2006, 04:44 AM
dear kurtis

that avatar rocks!

Best

PS: Lude has made oddi as a devil. Check that avatar too. Pretty cool artwork. Soon we can make a mosthateful oddi avatar competition.

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 04:59 AM
Kurits, lovin' the Avatar, just had to pop in to say that. :D

Thanks. Felt it was time for a change.

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 04:59 AM

I'm leaving on vacation Thursday. Depending on how that goes, the straightjacket may or may not come back. :D

JohnMarchant
11-06-2006, 06:00 AM
Kurtis,

Like the new avatar and i hope you manage to escape and have a good vacation (Holiday).

Dont do anything i would'nt do :lol: :lol: .

It and we will all be here when you get back.

Regards, John :thumbsup:

*Pete*
11-06-2006, 08:14 AM

..but now he has a Hannibal Lecter style mask that will let him bite people.....i think we SHOULD worry.

JohnMarchant
11-06-2006, 08:25 AM
Where are you off to then Kurtis, just so we can be on the lookout and report any sightings to the appropriate authorities :newtek: :lol:

Have a good one m8

Regards

Matt
11-06-2006, 08:35 AM
Appearantly they changed a bit in the nda, so yes, we have to sign up again...

Where do you sign up?

Bytehawk
11-06-2006, 08:39 AM
http://register.newtek.com

if you have 9, and you look tonight around 9
you will see the magical banner
click on the magical banner and you will be transported to the beta dimension

Lottmedia
11-06-2006, 08:42 AM
So, where is it? What do we do? A little information would be nice....:)

Casey :cat:

colkai
11-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Not ready yet, Kurtis outlined everything in post #1
Another 2 hours at least, then factor in the delay because everyone rushes to d/load it so you get a transfer rate of 0.05KB/s :p

Gregg "T.Rex"
11-06-2006, 11:40 AM
9 hours after the deadline and i see no 9.2 banner...
Anyone else?

Gregg

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Actually, 2pm CST is still a little over an hour away.

CoryC
11-06-2006, 11:44 AM
9 hours after the deadline and i see no 9.2 banner...
Anyone else?

Gregg

2PM CST is about 75 minutes away yet.

monovich
11-06-2006, 11:56 AM

kurtis your avatar and title are awesome.

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Thanks. Thought it was time for a change. And somehow I felt a connection with the character. :D

Matt
11-06-2006, 12:22 PM
http://register.newtek.com

if you have 9, and you look tonight around 9
you will see the magical banner
click on the magical banner and you will be transported to the beta dimension

I got that bit, but I was led to believe the 9.2 banner will show up IFyou have registered to take part, this is what I can't find anywhere on the site.

Despite taking part in the previous open beta, I'm reading most of the posts that you need to RE-REGISTER to take part in this one.

*Pete*
11-06-2006, 12:23 PM

aww..come on...i cant imagine that there are half a dozen programmers making last minute (literally) changes on the beta.

just release it now...i need to get some sleep before work tomorow :D

Philbert
11-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Actually at this point they're probably making sure the servers can handle the bandwidth hit they're about to take.

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 12:30 PM
aww..come on...i cant imagine that there are half a dozen programmers making last minute (literally) changes on the beta.

just release it now...i need to get some sleep before work tomorow :D

The programmers are done, but you'd probably be surprised how many people have to coordinate to get this all done.

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 12:31 PM
I got that bit, but I was led to believe the 9.2 banner will show up IFyou have registered to take part, this is what I can't find anywhere on the site.

Despite taking part in the previous open beta, I'm reading most of the posts that you need to RE-REGISTER to take part in this one.

The banner to sign up isn't going to show up until the program starts.

Correct. Everyone must re-register.

Tiger
11-06-2006, 12:36 PM
So..what is the major improvement from 9.0?
Will there be a list?

Tiger
11-06-2006, 12:40 PM
I re-register just a few minutes ago. Didnt know that you have to.

*Pete*
11-06-2006, 12:43 PM
The programmers are done, but you'd probably be surprised how many people have to coordinate to get this all done.

after i saw how many swedes were needed to clean a floor with a vacuum-cleaner....im not suprised anymore.

this is not a joke...but it took 4 of them.

one was vacuuming, second was moving the vacuumcleaner, third was lifting carpets and other items out of the way..fourth (leader) was directing all those 3 guys.

tiger:; there should be a list, yes.

dballesg
11-06-2006, 12:45 PM
The banner to sign up isn't going to show up until the program starts.

Correct. Everyone must re-register.

Hi Kurtis,

Can you explain that a bit more? You mean create a new registration at http://register.newtek.com/ I mean doesn't works with our actual one? We will not see the banner then if we have an account on that page?

Best regards,
David

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 12:45 PM
I re-register just a few minutes ago. Didnt know that you have to.

You can see some of that here:
http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/08-01-06e.html
and here:
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/newsletters/v3-n10

The rest will be communicated through the private LightWave Open Beta forums.

Gregg "T.Rex"
11-06-2006, 12:47 PM

Heh....:D
Oups!...:D
My bad....:beerchug:

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Hi Kurtis,

Can you explain that a bit more? You mean create a new registration at http://register.newtek.com/ I mean doesn't works with our actual one? We will not see the banner then if we have an account on that page?

Best regards,
David

When you login at http://register.newtek.com, if you qualify for the LightWave v9.2 Open Beta by being a registered owner of LightWave v9(.0), you will see a LightWave v9.2 Open Beta banner at the top of the page. You will need to click on that banner and agree to the NDA in order to access the forums and the software downloads.

*Pete*
11-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Hi Kurtis,

Best regards,
David

Open Beta
We’re very excited about the improvements in this latest release of the LightWave v9 series and are anxious to get it in your hands. Keep an eye out for the official re-opening of LightWave Open Beta. For those of you who haven’t participated in Open Beta before the process is simple, as a LightWave v9 owner you automatically qualify for Open Beta. All you have to do is login at register.newtek.com, click on the Open Beta banner and agree to the NDA and download the software. At that point, you’ll receive an unlock key for the update and you’ll be added to the Open Beta forums.

Tiger
11-06-2006, 12:51 PM
I re-register with one-click of a button- Register!
Or do I need to re-write my info?

dballesg
11-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Ah Thanks.

So it register AGAIN on the Open Beta program not on the register system! :)

Sorry for the question but my brain it is a bit thick today! :)

Thanks and best regards,
David

Tiger
11-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Open Beta
We’re very excited about the improvements in this latest release of the LightWave v9 series and are anxious to get it in your hands. Keep an eye out for the official re-opening of LightWave Open Beta. For those of you who haven’t participated in Open Beta before the process is simple, as a LightWave v9 owner you automatically qualify for Open Beta. All you have to do is login at register.newtek.com, click on the Open Beta banner and agree to the NDA and download the software. At that point, you’ll receive an unlock key for the update and you’ll be added to the Open Beta forums.

Didn`t find the Open Beta banner-
Im not qualified :(

*Pete*
11-06-2006, 01:04 PM

open beta banner is not there yet...we are all waiting for it.

Exception
11-06-2006, 01:04 PM

Relax, it's supposed to be released 3 minutes ago. I guess someone dropped their sandwich on their keyboard or something.

ShawnStovall
11-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Ahhhh.... this sure does take me back... ;)

Tiger
11-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Oh, sandwich on their keyboard? That`s not good,
especially if it`s with marmelade :jam:

Matt
11-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Am I just not asking this question correctly or what?

When I log into the registration page, will I see the 9.2 banner if I haven't re-registered?

If not, HOW / WHERE do I re-register??????

Because as I understand it, the 9.2 banner will only show up if you qualify to take part.

But how can you apply if it only shows up IF you qualify?

Do you see my problem here?

Why are things written so vaguely????

Gregg "T.Rex"
11-06-2006, 01:16 PM
So...
Are we there yet?
16 minutes past 2pm CST, is it not?

Gregg

meatycheesyboy
Oh my god... I have a multimillion dollar deadline in 8 minutes! I need 9.2 now...

Obviously, I'm kidding, everyone just take a deep breath. A late beta isn't that catastrophic.

CoryC
If you are a registered owner of LW9 you are qualified so it will already know if you get a banner.

meatycheesyboy
11-06-2006, 01:18 PM

When I log into the registration page, will I see the 9.2 banner if I haven't re-registered?

Because as I understand it, the 9.2 banner will only show up if you qualify to take part.

Here is how I understand it. If you qualify then you will see the banner. e.g., if you have 9 then you will see the banner. The banner is your mechanism to re-register for the beta. Re-registering does not make you eligble to see the banner, owning 9 does.

*Pete*
11-06-2006, 01:18 PM

if you own lw9...you qualify, its that simple.

Gregg "T.Rex"
11-06-2006, 01:19 PM
yeah!!!!!!!
Downloading 9.2 Now !!!!!!!!!

Tiger
You qualify by:
"The LightWave v9.2 Open Beta program will be open to all registered owners of LightWave v9.0 educational or commercial licenses. When the program begins, all qualified applicants will need to log-in to their NewTek product registration account at http://register.newtek.com."

...just register I think.

manholoz
Oh, sandwich on their keyboard? That`s not good,
especially if it`s with marmelade :jam:
Ugh, and what if it is an egg sandwich, of the not boiled kind?

anyway, THE BANNER IS THERE!!!!

Matt
Then what's all this talk about re-registering because the NDA has changed?

Can I just clear this up:

If you have purchased LW9 you qualify to take part in the 9.2 beta, BUT even if you signed the PREVIOUS NDA, you will have to SIGN another because it has changed.

THAT is the only part you have to RE DO, NOT re-register.

Geez!

Exception
11-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Matt: just log in, its there now, everything will explain itself!

Matt
11-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Okay, it's there now, this whole thing could have been worded so much easier!

Downloading ...

Tiger
O.yes..there it is!
THANK YOU everyone at NEW TEK!

lots
The way I figure it, much like the previous open beta, if you qualify (in this case, by having LW 9.0) a banner will appear in your register.newtek.com account. Once you click said banner, you will be brought to a page with the NDA. This is the part people are talking about re-registering for. Previous Open Beta testers will have to re-register for the beta because the NDA has changed. New beta testers will simply register for the beta.

All in all it will pretty much be agreeing to the new NDA, and proceeding to your download :P

I have not done this yet, but that is what I expect it to be like.

Cageman
11-06-2006, 01:23 PM
I can't download the files... too much traffic I guess... :( But, well... I've had a loong day at work, so I better go to sleep and download it tomorrow instead... :)

Matt
11-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Actually, no I'm not ...

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage because every man and his dog is downloading this file!"

LOL!

Gregg "T.Rex"
11-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Ha, ha...
I can't download a single byte...
I guess, the whole world is linked to Newtek right now...
Ahh well....

Matt
11-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Two words ... Bit Torrent! Will they ever learn!

:rolleyes:

Gregg "T.Rex"
11-06-2006, 01:29 PM
So...
Can we now access the LW9.2 (old 9.0) BETA forums?
It seems that i still can't login to those forums...

ShawnStovall
11-06-2006, 01:30 PM
It wont download... :cry:

Cageman
11-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Has anyone downloaded a game-trailer from one of those huge places? If you don't pay a monthly fee, you are put into a download que. A window pops up with information about the remaining time until the download will start. Guess NT may look into this kind of system, because when I first tried with FireFox I was dead sure that FF couldn't handle it, but IE did the same thing...

colkai
11-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Error 550 - ahem - oops
Looks like I ain't getting it just yet.

robertn2k
I thought everyone stopped using Lightwave ;>))
Sooooooooooo who's doing all this downloading?

Matt
Can everyone stop downloading and let me go first! I'll let you know when I'm done!

Thanks!

;)

Hehe!

Philbert
11-06-2006, 01:32 PM
"550 Failed to change directory"

Silly FTP, they should have better lines like "No beta for you!"

Tiger
11-06-2006, 01:32 PM
I get this...

Tiger
11-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Can everyone stop downloading and let me go first! I'll let you know when I'm done!

Thanks!

;)

Hehe!

No no...I was first. You can download after me. I want it badly!

Werner
11-06-2006, 01:34 PM
at least you guys got in...I'm not even getting the banner! :thumbsdow

robertn2k
11-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Oh well.....if you want it badly ;)
he he

Tiger
11-06-2006, 01:37 PM
That`s strange Werner. Look close...it should be there.

CoryC
11-06-2006, 01:37 PM
"550 Failed to change directory"

Silly FTP, they should have better lines like "No beta for you!"

I was getting this on both Firefox and IE so I had to find a workaround via FTP.

Tiger
11-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Downloading now! :jam: :jam: :jam:

bryphi7
11-06-2006, 01:40 PM
downloading!!!!!!!!now:D :D :D

Gregg "T.Rex"
11-06-2006, 01:40 PM
9.2 32bit is finished downloading.....
64bit now....

Let's see the "new" Modeler now...... :D

jasonwestmas
11-06-2006, 01:41 PM
I thought everyone stopped using Lightwave ;>))
Sooooooooooo who's doing all this downloading?

It looks like everyone and their mother is downloading! Darn it, I wanted to horde this progam all to myself, why does it have to be so popular :tongue:

monovich
11-06-2006, 01:41 PM
i.e worked better than firefox for me. It's only 20meg, so it shouldn't be that big a deal.

I can't believe I just said that.

Philbert
11-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Downloading :neener:

Matt
11-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Yay! It's whisking its way down the wire now! I'm with you Greg, Modeler OGL speed is my first stop!

Werner
11-06-2006, 01:43 PM
That`s strange Werner. Look close...it should be there.

nope, nothing here. my account looks exactly the same as it did before. I wouldn't miss the banner if it was there.

Tiger
11-06-2006, 01:44 PM
i.e worked better than firefox for me. It's only 20meg, so it shouldn't be that big a deal.

I can't believe I just said that.

Go imeditly and wash your mouth :D

yacko!
11-06-2006, 01:45 PM
It appears that the Mac version isn't on the server. I got the same "550 Failed to change directory" message. When you look on the server through a ftp client only the pc installers are present.

jasonwestmas
11-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Darn, it seems it's not as popular as I thought, I'm downloading it now!

ShawnStovall
11-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Aha!! Got it!

Matt
11-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Okaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy, no installer, so, do you just backup your 9.0 files and replace it with the 9.2 ones?

manholoz
11-06-2006, 01:49 PM
nope, nothing here. my account looks exactly the same as it did before. I wouldn't miss the banner if it was there.
Maybe clearing your browser's memory and disk cache and reloading could do it

yacko!
11-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Okay, there now. Downloading as we speak.

Gregg "T.Rex"
11-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Shoot!
64bit LW9.2 zip corrupted...

Re-downloading now......:(

manholoz
11-06-2006, 01:51 PM
BTW we are officially unable to comment on the open beta from now until the official update date, right?

Bytehawk
11-06-2006, 01:52 PM
It appears that the Mac version isn't on the server. I got the same "550 Failed to change directory" message. When you look on the server through a ftp client only the pc installers are present.

it is now...

Philbert
11-06-2006, 01:53 PM
I was getting this on both Firefox and IE so I had to find a workaround via FTP.

That's what I did

Matt
11-06-2006, 01:54 PM

The banner WAS there for me, but now it's not!?!? Just go to "My Downloads" it might be there!

Tiger
11-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Okaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy, no installer, so, do you just backup your 9.0 files and replace it with the 9.2 ones?

"Warning: do not overwrite v9.0 or any previous version that you may have on your system."

jasonwestmas
11-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I guess I would just put the beta folder on your C: drive and just open up the new layout and modeler from within there.

Matt
11-06-2006, 01:57 PM
In my haste I just didn't read the email!

:ashamed:

lots
11-06-2006, 02:04 PM
Don't everyone forget what you agreed to on the NDA :P

Werner
11-06-2006, 02:06 PM
The banner WAS there for me, but now it's not!?!? Just go to "My Downloads" it might be there!

just had a look...still no banner. Not even under my downloads. This really sucks:thumbsdow

Gregg "T.Rex"
11-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Uhm....
What's the thing with the Discovery mode?

Matt
11-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Don't everyone forget what you agreed to on the NDA :P

What NDA? What are you talking about? I have no idea what you are saying?

;)

Matt
11-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Uhm....
What's the thing with the Discovery mode?

Read the email that you never got because you have no idea what I'm talking about ;)

hrgiger
11-06-2006, 02:11 PM
The register program in my beta doesn't work(lwsn.exe). It flashes on the screen real fast and then disappears. How can I get this sucker out of Discovery edition otherwise? Do they no longer have license key files in the programs folder?

Gregg "T.Rex"
11-06-2006, 02:12 PM
:d

Werner
11-06-2006, 02:14 PM
it sounds like this is turning into a mess. I think I'm going to give it a rest for now. :cursin:

wesleym
11-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Is there a list of the new features in v9.2 so that I will know what to look at?

thanks,

wes

grafikimon
11-06-2006, 02:20 PM
the license software just makes a license.key file. If it isn't working just do it the old fashioned way.

Wow I'd never thought I would say "In my day we had to open text edit and type in every single letter and hyphen and save that file all the way in the program folder, and that's just the way we liked it. None of this new fangled licensing software" said in my best Dana Carvy voice.

Tiger
11-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Congratulations!
You have successfully registered your LightWave!

Thanks NewTek!

kilvano
i created a new folder and copied some of the plug ins ove i needed. Seems to workin ok for now

monovich
The register program in my beta doesn't work(lwsn.exe). It flashes on the screen real fast and then disappears. How can I get this sucker out of Discovery edition otherwise? Do they no longer have license key files in the programs folder?

are you kidding?

you must be. but I'll fall for it anyway.

lwsn is screamernet, not the registration app.

hrgiger
11-06-2006, 02:25 PM
are you kidding?

you must be. but I'll fall for it anyway.

lwsn is screamernet, not the registration app.

Oops. Same icon in my 9.0 folder. Anyway, I don't have it the register one.

jasonwestmas
11-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Actually, I didn't get an installer and I see no license registration program for my beta. Guess I'll try notepad with my old license file.

Philbert
11-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Is there a list of the new features in v9.2 so that I will know what to look at?
thanks,
wes

Kurtis posted links to some info earlier, I found the second one more useful.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=455864&postcount=34

jasonwestmas
11-06-2006, 02:37 PM
1) Unzip your LW beta Folder and put it on your C: drive

2) Copy the Registration program from your LW9.0 programs folder and paste it into your Beta programs folder.

3) Open up the Registration Utility and enter your new Beta key.

should work after that if you have registered your beta.

This is assuming you didn't get an installer like I didn't.

Bitboy
11-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Another way: Register for your new key on the registration site (choosing LW 9.2 Beta in the dropdown box), enter your lock ID, get the key and just go into layout and use the 'Enter license' menu option. Worked for me.

lots
11-06-2006, 03:00 PM

thanks,

wes
There is, and if you've got beta acess you can see the full list :)

Philbert
11-06-2006, 03:05 PM
The email says "before running it you should review the instructions below to set the software up to generate new configuration files that do not affect any existing installations of LightWave 3D."

But I don't see anything about configs, would the registration program handle that?

MacGregg
11-06-2006, 03:05 PM
In the email sent me LW9Beta that contains the download link and serial number there is a line that says this:

"before running it you should review the instructions below to set the software up to generate new configuration files that do not affect any existing installations of LightWave 3D."

There are no instructions on how to create NEW configuration files that don't affect existing installations. I don't see how to do this since these files are all in Documents and Settings/{loggin}. The cfg files only seem to use the first digit of the version to identify them so lw9.cfg. Is there some way to move where the config files reside or can I rename them lw9.2.cfg and so on? I would think they could be moved to the LW Programs folder if there was a way to tell LW to look there.

Edit: Well, lots you beat me to the question.... ditto!!

Thanks,
MacGregg

jasonwestmas
11-06-2006, 03:06 PM
when is that open beta forum going to pop up. I'm all registered for it and I have the beta up and running.

kilvano
11-06-2006, 03:08 PM
i got the beta forum already. See you over there

Anti-Distinctly
11-06-2006, 03:09 PM
I can't see the beta forum at all.
And I have a bug already :(

jasonwestmas
11-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Kool, Is the beta forum at the bottom of the page?

Gregg "T.Rex"
11-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Okay...
We've registered the 9.2...
How we login to the BETA forums?
I can't find them...

Anti-Distinctly
11-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Kool, Is the beta forum at the bottom of the page?

Nope.
My LW is now totally broken. 9.2 isn't really doing it for me at the moment. But hey..beta.

Lottmedia
11-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Another way: Register for your new key on the registration site (choosing LW 9.2 Beta in the dropdown box), enter your lock ID, get the key and just go into layout and use the 'Enter license' menu option. Worked for me.

Where is this button you speak of? I have a new installation with only 9.2 and was hoping to avoid installing 9.0 but that looks out now. No installer? What's that about? Still haven't gotten the forums yet. At least NT is consistant....

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Some early downloaders got an email without the complete set of instructions. New instructions are in the open beta forums and new emails will be going out to everyone shortly.

There is no registration utility in the ZIP files. You need to edit your license.key file manually.

The Open Beta forums are now open. Please try this link while you are logged-in to the forums.
http://www.newtek.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=185
If you cannot reach this link yet, people are being added as fast as possible. If you are not able to reach the link within 2 business days and do not receive an email asking for updated information, please contact Customer Service for assistance.

jasonwestmas
11-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Okay, thanks Kurtis, I understand the confusion. I'll wait till I'm added to the forums.

Lottmedia
11-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Some early downloaders got an email without the complete set of instructions. New instructions are in the open beta forums and new emails will be going out to everyone shortly.

There is no registration utility in the ZIP files. You need to edit your license.key file manually.

The Open Beta forums are now open. Please try this link while you are logged-in to the forums.
If you cannot reach this link yet, people are being added as fast as possible. If you are not able to reach the link within 2 business days and do not receive an email asking for updated information, please contact Customer Service for assistance.

So I click on that link and it says I do not have access. Whopee....

Simon
11-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Mine made my license.key for me automatically, went into help and enter license, didn't need to edit anything with notepad. :)

Philbert
11-06-2006, 04:17 PM

ditto :(

Ztreem
11-06-2006, 04:32 PM

Same here, I'll just have to wait until tomorrow. Time to sleep.

DogBoy
11-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I think we are just gonna have to wait to get access. So kick back, have a beer and have a play. The forums will be there in the morning.

Gregg "T.Rex"
11-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Hey, Kurtis...
How soon before the Bug Tracker is online?
I've a couple of MAJOR stuff to report......

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 04:54 PM
As soon as you have access to the open beta forums, someone there should be able to give you an idea.

Anti-Distinctly
11-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Hey, Kurtis...
How soon before the Bug Tracker is online?
I've a couple of MAJOR stuff to report......

I'm wondering if yours is the same as mine.
Need to get to that forum to discuss...

PS Kurtis - Registration was fine. I guessed how to do most of it and it worked splendidly. Definately an improvement. So Kudos to the team there from my pov.

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 05:09 PM
PS Kurtis - Registration was fine. I guessed how to do most of it and it worked splendidly. Definately an improvement. So Kudos to the team there from my pov.

Glad to hear it. I know the registration changes we implemented with the release of v9 were a bit painful at the time, but they laid the way for the improvements we made here and will continue to make in the future. This should also be the last time we will need to do the NDA and forums (except for new users) until v10.

Sekhar
11-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Yes, everything worked flawlessly (I had the ZIP version). Thanks!

Sorry if this was asked/answered already, but where is the list of changes from 9.0?

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 05:11 PM
In addition to the information from the SIG press release and last week's newsletter, full documentation will be available from the Open Beta Forums.

mav3rick
11-06-2006, 05:28 PM
got mine works fine... waiting OB forums to post

zapper1998
11-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Cool

Thank you newtek :newtek: :newtek:

Just sucked it down both 32 and 64 bit

have a great day

Is there a list of the improvements some where ????

:hijack: :hijack:

jasonwestmas
11-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Cool

Thank you newtek :newtek: :newtek:

Just sucked it down both 32 and 64 bit

have a great day

Is there a list of the improvements some where ????

:hijack: :hijack:

Yep, in the beta forum.

zapper1998
11-06-2006, 06:16 PM
ok where is beta forum???
Url ???
I don't see it, where they hide it..
it's not listed like the previous beta forum.....
Thanks

jasonwestmas
11-06-2006, 06:21 PM
It might take some time to add you, it did with me.

MAUROCOR
11-06-2006, 06:44 PM
My downloaded LW 9.2 is a zip file. I had to wrote the license key and now there is a message telling that my version will expire in 2 months. Till there it is ok. But when I try to render an earlier scene the Layout just crash in front of me. Why would it be happening? Someone can help me???

Maurocor

StereoMike
11-06-2006, 07:07 PM
I guess things like this have their place in the beta forum ;)

Mike

mkiii
11-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the beta guys. I only had a quick go after installing & it all seems to be up & running.

One thing to note however, is that the email explaining the install process for the shortcuts is slightly wrong.

In the instructions, the config path is -c[space]"pathtoconfig"

it doesn't work properly with that space in, so the shortcut parameter should be -c"pathtoconfig".

Also. It's worth noting that if it doesn't work because of this, it will initially use the existing configs.

Maxx
11-06-2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the beta guys. I only had a quick go after installing & it all seems to be up & running.

One thing to note however, is that the email explaining the install process for the shortcuts is slightly wrong.

In the instructions, the config path is -c[space]"pathtoconfig"

it doesn't work properly with that space in, so the shortcut parameter should be -c"pathtoconfig".

Also. It's worth noting that if it doesn't work because of this, it will initially use the existing configs.
Where did these instructions appear? I just posted asking about the configs, as the e-mail I received didn't mention configs at all - poop...

mkiii
11-06-2006, 09:49 PM
In the email I got just after I registered for the beta. The email had a list of instructions, and a serial number.

Do you have an email with a serial number for the beta?

That is all I got.

The bit dealing with the config settings is at the end of the section that deals with the creation of a new license key file.

JamesCurtis
11-06-2006, 10:46 PM
I tried to install LW9.2 in my C:\Program Files\NewTek directory,but no matter how I named/configured the Target file, I could not get it to recognise the path as being valid. Finally gave up and installed it in the C:\[directory] for now. Would have prefered it in the Newtek folder though.

Cageman
11-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Ok... I've got the serial for LW9.2 Open Beta, but when I copy/paste it into the registration over at NT site, I get an errormessage telling me I have the wrong serial number...

MacGregg
11-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Modeler:
"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\modeler.exe" -c"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\Configs"

Lightwave:
"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\lightwav.exe" -c"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\Configs"

I found that I needed Quotes around each piece separately. It's the spaces in the string.

Werner
11-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Hey Kurtis, What do we do if no 9.2 banner shows up when going into our accounts?

Panikos
11-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Seems that I am probably not welcome in the OpenBeta. Still inaccesible to me :confused:

Cougar12dk
11-07-2006, 12:48 AM
I got the files, but no email because when I entered my email during re-registering, I was told that my email was already IN your database and that I would have to get an email address that you guys HAVEN'T gotten before..... WTF?!?!? Just send me the freaking serial!!!!! **** IT! SAme ****, different day

Philbert
11-07-2006, 12:49 AM
Seems that I am probably not welcome in the OpenBeta. Still inaccesible to me :confused:

Same here. The email said it may take as long as 2 days.

mav3rick
11-07-2006, 01:22 AM
jeez guys take a break ..... let em sort out problems day or 2 will make no change to you... at least write down bugs and submit later.. play witjh 9.2 meanwhile.. stop barking

Phil
11-07-2006, 01:38 AM
Modeler:
"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\modeler.exe" -c"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\Configs"

Lightwave:
"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\lightwav.exe" -c"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\Configs"

I found that I needed Quotes around each piece separately. It's the spaces in the string.

Installing to a path with spaces has always been a bad idea. I was very surprised to see that they had taken this approach with newer versions of LW. I tend to install to the root of the drive instead - something like C:\LightWave_3d_9

Kurtis
11-07-2006, 02:00 AM
I got the files, but no email because when I entered my email during re-registering, I was told that my email was already IN your database and that I would have to get an email address that you guys HAVEN'T gotten before..... WTF?!?!? Just send me the freaking serial!!!!! **** IT! SAme ****, different day

Please look at your My Products page. The serial number for your LightWave v9.2 Open Beta software should have automatically been entered on that page when you agreed to the NDA like we did with the LightWave v9(.0) Open Beta.

Kurtis
11-07-2006, 02:01 AM

Cageman
11-07-2006, 02:13 AM
Ok... I've got the serial for LW9.2 Open Beta, but when I copy/paste it into the registration over at NT site, I get an errormessage telling me I have the wrong serial number...

Now its working and I have it running at work! Thanks alot NT... overall, it went alot more smooth than the previos time! :newtek: :thumbsup:

I hope to get some time trying it during my lunch-break... if not, I can play with it at home tonight! :lwicon: :D

righteous
11-07-2006, 02:19 AM
I'm not able to access the open beta forums

JohnMarchant
11-07-2006, 02:47 AM
Same here, no access to the OB forum, suppose i will have to wait for a bit longer.

:):):)

Cougar12dk
11-07-2006, 07:03 AM
........play witjh 9.2 meanwhile.. stop barking

And just how do you see that happening when the freakin' serial/license.key isn't working????? Grrrr.

Just to explain the way I "installed" LW9.2: I extracted the files in the .zip to a new directory. Launched Layout, went to the edit tab in the upper left of the main screen. Entered the key (copy/paste) and hit enter. It said at the bottom of the screen that my serial/license.key has successfully been written and I need to restart to end discovery mode ...... I did. Discovery mode prevails ... again. Good thing I still have v9.0.

I'd MUCH prefer there not to be any dongle at all. We'd (I'd) be rid of all this hassle. I know that'd make the app vulnerable to cracks and the like, but for Pete's sake, it's already being hacked and cracked. And making it unusable to the legit users isn't a working solution.

Sure, the vast majority gets it going with no trouble, but the rest of us are stuck with having to use the previous version (because that's FINALLY working).

BeeVee
11-07-2006, 07:15 AM
Is it perhaps because you put your Lock ID in wrong again?

B

Kurtis
11-07-2006, 07:21 AM
Cougar12dk,

Ben's informed me of your problem. As soon as the offices open this morning, I'll get with our Customer Service Manager so we can get your problem corrected and get you up and running.

Kurtis
11-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Cougar12dk,

You should be good to go now. If not, please let Customer Service know.

Wickster
11-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Still no beta forum access for me...waaahhh :cry:

Not panicking yet though, only 1 day has passed...not panicking, just...just...Waaah :cry:

Ztreem
11-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Still no beta forum access for me...waaahhh :cry:

Not panicking yet though, only 1 day has passed...not panicking, just...just...Waaah :cry:

Same here...:cry:

lots
11-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Mine got processed relativly quickly yesterday, must have been one of the first ones to sign up i guess *shrug*

Werner
11-07-2006, 11:46 AM
I just wanted to thank Ben, Kurtis and the rest of the Newtek team for helping me sort out my problems, and for all the hard work and effort you guys are putting into the software that puts food on my table.

You guys rock!

KPS
11-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Still Waiting.....zzzzzzzzzzz

RTSchramm
11-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Besides revamping the internal nameng scheme, what other new features or fixes are available with beta 9.2?

Rich

KPS
11-07-2006, 12:23 PM
List of changes can be found on the newsletter:
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/newsletters/v3-n10/

antni
11-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Does the open beta apply to my ver.of lightwave 9.0

Kurtis
11-07-2006, 01:15 PM
I assume you received a complimentary upgrade to LightWave v9 based on a previous LightWave [8] purchase? If so, yes.

antni
11-07-2006, 01:26 PM
I won it in the raffle at the 9.0 launch party.
thanks for quick reply

Andrew March
11-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Still haven't got a banner in my registration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Pete*
11-07-2006, 01:50 PM
is there any place i can read the NDA again??..i went a bit fast yesterday :D

Kurtis
11-07-2006, 02:30 PM
I won it in the raffle at the 9.0 launch party.
thanks for quick reply

Yes, that would qualify too.

Kurtis
11-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Still haven't got a banner in my registration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you talked to someone with Customer Service?

Kurtis
11-07-2006, 02:33 PM
is there any place i can read the NDA again??..i went a bit fast yesterday :D

Customer Service should be able to provide you a copy.

Andrew March
11-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Have you talked to someone with Customer Service?

The last time I tried that I waited three weeks for an answer, no thanks Kurtis, I'll pass.

Kurtis
11-07-2006, 03:15 PM
The last time I tried that I waited three weeks for an answer, no thanks Kurtis, I'll pass.

That is of course your choice, but if you qualify, and the banner is not showing up, that indicates a problem with your registration account that Customer Service will have to correct for you. You can continue to post that you cannot see the banner, but that won't change until the issue with your registration account is addressed.

gjjackson
11-07-2006, 03:46 PM
I had a problem like that and it was popup/ad blocking. I had to go in and add newtek to the exception list.

Edbittner
11-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Got mine! Speed is great! However, I'd like to get an explanation of all the new camera controls. Need I wait 'till the full release? Or, is this part of the NDA?
E.

Earl
11-07-2006, 04:21 PM
More information is available in the beta forums...

Thomas M.
11-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Hmm, I'm still not in the Beta Forum. Guess I'm checking tomorrow with NT. Registered quite early. Loved to be able to get some infos and post some stuff and see if there is already documentation available for 9.2.

ChillWill Graphix
11-07-2006, 06:27 PM
I think I put my Newtek account name (vice my actual forum name) when I registered the 9.2 beta. Anybody know how I can get this fixed? Or maybe somebody will read this and just fix it ;-) The name I used when I registered was ChillWill Graphix (which is too many letters than what is allowed for a user name here, anyway)...

Thank you in advance - Mike

Earl
11-07-2006, 11:42 PM
I would call Customer Service... just in case someone doesn't see it here.

Kurtis
11-08-2006, 07:27 AM
Several major updates have been made to add people to the open beta forums in the last 24 hours. Please check the direct link first (this must be done while you are logged into the forums), http://www.newtek.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=185.

If you registered Monday and it still doesn't show up, please check your email and spam filters to make sure you weren't sent an email asking for more information. If not, feel free to contact Customer Service for assistance.

If you registered Tuesday, please allow one more business day before contacting Customer Service.

Thank you for your patience.

geoff
12-04-2006, 03:14 AM
Hmm
Looks like I dont have access to the beta forums either???
9.2 beta registered on my newtek page, and can download the latest beta (4)
but no access to the forums..

Any ideas?

esper8
12-04-2006, 05:18 AM
It takes a while to get proccessed for forum access

geoff
12-04-2006, 05:22 AM
Hi
It may take a while, but i registered on Nov 11th for 9.2 beta. Can't take a month can it?

gjjackson
12-04-2006, 06:09 AM
You probably have to let them know about it. Must've got lost in the mail :)

geoff
12-05-2006, 02:14 AM
Hi neverko
Hmm dont remember having to link my forum name for the 9.2 beta..
I was on the V9 beta from the start with no problems, and as far as I remember
9.2 beta details were carried over from 9 beta unless I missed something??

Mrjack
01-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Hello everybody.....Pleas lightwave team...can you implemant A plg ik to the newest version of lightwave and a paint modeling as Zbrush and modo , and ff4
and thank's for all work's

jasonwestmas
01-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Not sure what you are saying Mr. Jack. If you are asking for a closer workflow between these applications, that is already possible with the .tiff, .obj and .DXF format.

Mrjack
01-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Not closer work....but integration

jasonwestmas
01-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Oh, I doubt full integration will happen. If it did, that would be Pixologic's and Luxology's responsibility to take advantage of the lightwave SDK. For example Maxon's Body Paint has some level of integration but that plugin was developed by Maxon not Newtek.