PDA

View Full Version : room design, any tips?

grum2006
11-02-2006, 08:57 AM
I've decided to give room modeling a go (an penthouse style room) and i was wondering if there were any scale tips anyone can give me - or point me in the direction of a link. The modeling bit is easy but the scale of the walls (height and depth and length) once you get them into layout are enormous in relation to the camera, anyone help me out??? :help:

gerry_g
11-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Square bracket keys – they adgust the scale of the grid in your scene – Left makes grid smaller Right makes it bigger

grum2006
11-03-2006, 07:18 AM
i dont understand how this helps. I layout it simply makes the camera and lights smaller but doesnt affect the object . . . in modler it does nothing.

gerry_g
11-03-2006, 07:54 AM
The camera and lights are not shrinking, your universe is getting bigger ( the lights and camera remain constant) , hitting the RIGHT SQUARE BRACKET key should SHRINK your object's scale relative to the camera making it and the lights appear larger. Alternately send your object back to layout and scale it to a more appropriate size then synchronies layout and tab back there to see the results, Or if you have every thing parented in layout, select the top item in the hierarchy and scale it right there in layout (by tabbing to scale mode with the space bar twice –SPACE BAR>POSITION>ORINTATION>SCALE and then dragging on screen)