PDA

View Full Version : Open Beta installation question

DiscoBurgess
11-02-2006, 03:03 AM
I was wondering...

During the 9 beta, we had to uninstall and reinstall Lightwave with every new beta release. Fair enough, I don't expect you guys to sit around making upgrade installers for beta releases! But what about for 9.2? Are we able to uninstall the 9.2 beta and install a new one without uninstalling all of 9.0?

What I'm asking, basically, is will we need to continue reinstalling all of LW9 every time there's a new 9.2 beta version?

BazC
11-02-2006, 03:26 AM
I'm pretty sure this has been answered somewhere and you won't have to uninstall 9 to run the 9.x betas, in fact from what Chilton has said on the Mac forum it sounds as though the ordinary beta will be able to run alongside the UB beta on Mac.

Pavlov
11-02-2006, 04:52 AM
imho the smartest thing would be distributing EXEs and updated DLLs each time, so one could replace them manually whithout having to fiddle with installers. In fact, LW does not need an installation at all since it does not spread anything in the system.

Paolo

Kurtis
11-02-2006, 06:32 AM
When the program starts, the particulars of how software installation will work will be announced and posted in the private open beta forums.