PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with v9 problem HELP!!

Chuckpie
11-01-2006, 04:21 PM
First I won't blame the program I am sure it's something I am doing wrong. Now, to the problem (see attachment) when I bring an mult-object to Layout from Modeler and try to move it (by draging over it to select everything) some of the individual objects seperate and do not move with the other objects. Any help???

animotion
11-01-2006, 04:32 PM
You may want to parent smaller objects to the larger main object then you can move it all by moving the main object.

Tank
11-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Is it multiple object files or a multi-layered object file? If so, Animotion is right. You need to set up some parenting, either through the Scene Editor or Motion Options panels.

gjjackson
11-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Don't forget the use of nulls. You can add a null and parent whatever is needed to be grouped via the scene editor. I've got one scene with about 30 or so objects and parented them all to one null in order to move the entire group around. Trying to select all didn't accomplish it. It would be nice if you could do it like in modeler by drawing around it.

Chuckpie
11-01-2006, 08:19 PM
You all are the best. I did have some of the objects parented to other object but not all. I read the manuals but nowhere does it answer the question I ask. What I don't understand is why would NewTek bother to give the option to control A select or MMB to loop select objects. Oh, well it's their program I just have to learn how to use it.
Again Thank,:thumbsup: Chuck

Skinner3D
11-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Looks like you got your help already :D but you can also set the parenting within modeler itself. If you flip over to the detail tab you can set all the various layer properties

SplineGod
11-02-2006, 06:41 PM
You can also parent object layers in modeler to other object layers.

Exception
11-02-2006, 06:50 PM
What I don't understand is why would NewTek bother to give the option to control A select or MMB to loop select objects. Oh, well it's their program I just have to learn how to use it.

You'll find it tremendously useful in the future, I'm sure.