PDA

View Full Version : October news letter

badllarma
11-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Recieved it today

effort. Improvements have been made across the board in key areas such as new advanced cameras, improved precision and performance in the IK solvers, new nodes, rendering, texturing, Modeler performance and workflow improvements.

We’re excited to report that the changes in Modeler bring the OpenGL capabilities on par with the power that was delivered in Layout for v9.0. In addition, the speed of geometry selection and modification has been greatly enhanced due the development of a new system based on technology invented by NewTek's 3D development team.
/Quote

REALLY looking forward to seeing that :thumbsup: :newtek:

Rendering
Of course, we will always continue to push the envelope of development for LightWave’s outstanding render system. New improvements in this arena include: a new photo-realistic motion blur, accompanied by new anti-aliasing and adaptive sampling methods, advancing LightWave’s render engine to a new level of realism and quality when using the new cameras. In addition, radiosity has received the first in a series of scheduled enhancements; for this round, the Backdrop, Monte Carlo and Interpolated modes have been joined by a new "Filtered" mode providing faster results in some situations. Further, new control options are now available to fine-tune the look of the render. The latter includes a Phong setting which can provide darker edges and more contrast in the final image.
/Quote

I hope thee is going to be some videos to show off some of these rendering set ups

Animation
As you know, one of the key components in the LightWave v9 cycle is a re-write of the core LightWave animation system. One of the major aspects of this revision involves the ObjectID system. An overhaul of this area of the code has been long overdue and we’re proud to inform you that we have tamed this beast over the last several months. The ObjectID system manages how Layout tracks items within a scene, including how animation, deformation, expressions and other modifiers are linked. Simply put, a wide range of long standing issues have been addressed with this one core re-write, clearing the path for the advanced development of LightWave’s character and animation tools that we all hunger for
/Quote

Ooooooow Now we are getting some where looking foward to seeing in this and what it will lead too. :D

Gutted there is no mention of INSTANCING which is the one I REALLY need :foreheads

BazC
11-01-2006, 09:44 AM
Thanks Andy! Er, you're a bit late though! :D

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58416

Stooch
11-01-2006, 10:19 AM
sounds good newtek. as long as you dont slap yet another 100 tools to the fray! please please please make a new layout with a consolidated toolset! No more tools that do the same thing or things that are similar to each other! If there are some crazy masochists that prefer the old way, maybe keep the old layout? but im just sick of having 1000s of slapped together tools, look at silo for inspiration. Sometimes i wish i was working for some of these 3d companies and just giving them ideas on intelligent interface layout. You can be so much faster if you just take the time and organize and distil all these functions into a solid, well thought out workflow...

theo
11-01-2006, 10:35 AM
but im just sick of having 1000s of slapped together tools, look at silo for inspiration.

Thousands? Perhaps several tens...

badllarma
11-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Thanks Andy! Er, you're a bit late though! :D

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58416

Only just got mine :confused:

BazC
11-02-2006, 02:21 AM
Only just got mine :confused:

I'm not surprised, I haven't received one at all!