PDA

View Full Version : Mouse gets stuck

kainekokun
11-01-2006, 02:49 AM
Hello everyone.

I have a peculiar problem I could not find anything about in the forums, so I'm starting this thread in the hope to find answers.

This is what happens: when posing a rig in layout (LW 9, Mac OS X 10.4.8 PPC G4) sometimes, when I select a joint with the IKBoost tool, the mouse gets "stuck", i.e. Lightwave behaves as if I never let the mouse button go, while I did. So, consequently, when I move the mouse, the joint moves along! To have it "let go" I acually have to click and release the mouse button again. That is extremely annoying, especially because there is no undo!

Does anyone have an idea on what causes this, and how to get rid of it, or at least recover from when it happens? Is there any way to "cancel" the move of a joint while doing it? What I mean is: if the mouse gets "stuck" as described and I DON'T want to move the joint (I just wanted to select it), is there any key I can press to stop the process, having the joint jumping back to where I picked it?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to reply.

P.S. I do recall seeing this happening in other circumstances as well, e.g. selecting vertices in Modeler, but I have not come across it lately and I am just busy animating the model I'm working on now, so I have no time to try and reproduce this behaviour in other areas of Lightwave, although I cannot exclude it does happen elsewhere, too.

BazC
11-01-2006, 03:05 AM
Sounds like something I occasionally suffer in several apps where the mouse won't let go of a window. I click and drag on the top bar of a window to move it and when I release the button it doesn't release the window. I've never experienced it "inside" an application though. I hope someone can help you out!

kainekokun
11-01-2006, 04:06 AM
Thanks BazC!

I can confirm though that with me the problem only shows up in Lightwave, I have not encountered it anywhere else and I have never had what you just described.

eblu
11-01-2006, 07:20 AM
i have had the exact same problem. Chilton has noted some interest in it, but I haven't heard anything about it, so I'm assuming its on the back burners.

for me its a Lightwave ONLY bug. and it is Very annoying.