PDA

View Full Version : Getting corrupted motion buffer?

Extent
11-01-2006, 12:50 AM
I'm having a curious problem in 9. I've been trying to do RPF blur in Combustion but the velocity channel always seems to come up blank (z buff., surface, UV, et al. work fine) I tried using the Render Buffer View plugin to see what was going on and I get the horribly mangled result attatched below.

This only happens in Classic camera mode, in all of the other camera modes the motion buffer is left completely blank. Built in motion blur works fine but puts out a motion buffer exactly the same. I also loaded up vector blur and found that it would process the frame three times, twice to 99%, then finally to 200% before finishing the render and the output is completely unblurred.

The attached image is a simple test done from a cleared scene. The object is just a spare hand I had lying around that I spun around the screen and rendered the X motion buffer. Resized to 3x to get a better look at it.

Extent
11-01-2006, 01:20 AM
Ugh, ok I feel like an idiot, it's already been discussed here:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54710

I redid the test with a frozen object and it works as expected. Looks like I'm either going to have to freeze all the objects or do the velocity pass in 8, I think I'll just freeze things.