PDA

View Full Version : no love for the hub?

borkus
10-31-2006, 05:55 PM
couldn't help but notice that there was no mention of any fixes for the hub. that's kind of disappointing. would be the biggest workflow improvement of all. but not to sound pessimistic. the features listed are nice

Exception
10-31-2006, 06:33 PM
I don't think they named any bugs that were squashed, and since I am assuming they certainly did, there's still hope for the hub... and the content manager... and so on.
Also, open beta means another round of bugtesting, so...

dlbird
10-31-2006, 08:50 PM
maybe we'll not need hub in the future.

because modler will be mirgrated into layout.

i'm dreaming,yes.

lunarcamel
11-01-2006, 08:59 AM
YES - PLEASE make that happen. It's almost 2007 lets leave the 90's behind!

iconoclasty
11-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Um, no. Dont' make that happen. The two are better seperate.

Exception
11-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Oh brother...

here we go...

the integrated/separate tobogan...

cresshead
11-01-2006, 12:27 PM
weld them together!.....buuuzzzzzzz....nice weld seam!...

Lottmedia
11-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Gotta say I like the two being seperate applications. Helps me work and think better in both modes, not trying to be everything at once. What I hated about Max when I used it, you didn't get the distinct feeling of modeling or animating because everything was jumbled together. And workign with a group is great becase if you're animating someone else's model, you don't get the urge to tweak anything and viceversa.

That said, the Hub should die a horrible smoking death with fireworks and a little parade with a marching band. I can honestly say it is the only thing I have to complain about with 9. Haven't run into any bugs or problems out there that arn't connected to the hub (I'm not sayign they're not there, I just don't get themm in what I do)

Casey :cat:
(volunteering to throw the first stone...)

T-Light
11-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Casey -

That said, the Hub should die a horrible smoking death with fireworks and a little parade with a marching band
I like that :D

I'd like them to stay apart, I agree with Casey, there's times it's nice to do one or the other and not have the complications. On the other hand, I'd really like to see more modeler tools in layout, I'm not interested in animating vertex's for a model throughout an animation (although some would), I'd just like to tweak a model here and there, create endomorphs etc in layout rather than back and forth, back and forth etc. We'll see what we'll see with 9.2 :thumbsup:

T-Light
11-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Cresshead -

weld them together!.....buuuzzzzzzz....nice weld seam!...
You've an evil mind Cress :D