PDA

View Full Version : camera motion paths

KillMe
06-12-2003, 11:30 AM
can DFX+ output a motionpath for a camera that lightwave can use so i can match up video footage with 3dfootage?

i'm contemplating buying the bundle offer thats on at the moment of lightwave and dfx+ and if it can do this that would sell ti completely

jimnokc
06-19-2003, 08:20 PM
I have honestly not tried it, but the documentation shows that it imports MOT paths from Lightwave, and can export them as well (although it doesn't specifically mention MOT format).

DFX+ is not something I would have sought out or even considered buying on my own, but Lightwave 8 was a defnite "will upgrade" for me. So I figured even if the upgrade price was $395 instead of $495, I was picking up $1800 worth of software for pratically free.

I wound up getting DFX+ and Pinnacle's Edition 5 delivered the same day, I've done little more than browse the books. DFX+ looks like a pretty powerful piece of software.

If you think you'll be buying the LW 8 upgrade anyway, you really can't go wrong with DFX+ bundle. Plus, it comes in a really big box with two manuals, a training DVD (no, not DVD-format, but AVI and data files on a DVD), the actual software, and a dongle.

And, if you use my math philosophy, by saving $1800 you'll have lotsa cool money to spend on other things. It's a definite bargain IMO. But I've had trouble convincing my "significant other" that we can afford to get me a P4 3.06 HyperThreaded system, so not everyone can comprehend that philosophy :)

KillMe
06-19-2003, 09:05 PM
you coudl try sneakly buying all the bits and construct it and put into your old tower and hope she never notices the difference =) and doesn't pay to much attension to bank details =)