PDA

View Full Version : High Pitch Audio

Paul Orwig
06-12-2003, 10:29 AM
I'm editing a clip into TED, and when I slow down the clip below 70% I get this high pitch noise with the audio. I hear the audio from the clip, but I also hear the noise; it seems like the slower I make it the louder the hiss. I tried it on a compressed and uncompressed video clip and it was the same.

I contacted my dealer and he told me he never heard of this problem and that I should ask [email protected] so I did and I thought maybe someone here might have had the same problem as I did.

James Moore
06-12-2003, 03:00 PM
I just tried it here and everything worked okay. Could it be from a background noise in the sound which is out of the audible range but slowing it down brings its pitch down to the audible range?

Paul Orwig
06-12-2003, 11:07 PM
I don't think so, I have several clips that are both indoor and outdoor, the indoor doesn't have any background noise. The only thing I can think of is the fact that these clips are old. These clips came from a RCA 80's model camcorder, we now have a Canon GL1 which I had to use to recapture the video to get uncompressed, that might have something to do with it. I'll check and see with out GL1 clips and slow them down and see what happens. I'll keep this post alive.

Paul

Jim Capillo
06-13-2003, 08:06 AM
Try dragging the audio into TEd by itself and then slow that down and see if the problem is still there. If so, it would seem to be an issue with the audio capture (or input values).

I've captured everything from VHS to D-2 here and I've never seen that particular problem either.

Not that that makes you feel any better, but just more than likely means it is a problem with the deck or video itself, not the VT[2].