PDA

View Full Version : Subpatch problem

taglli
10-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Hi
I'm a beginner and a have a big problem with a subpatch. :question: What is the fu....ing problem ! help me please . How to delete a 5 poly point.
thanks.

evenflcw
10-30-2006, 05:35 PM
Typically you won't notice these five-poly/edge connections in the actual render as the result of Layout freezing and tripling the mesh renders different to Modelers interactive subpatches. Just try it. If it bothers you still try to improve your mesh to lessen the problem (it can never be completely elimated, neither can 5poly connections) - Don't create stretched quads (they should be kept square-ish) and try to relocate problem areas to places that aren't curved/aren't deformed/can't be seen easily.

taglli
10-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Thanks

What you see it's a modeler printscreen

evenflcw
10-30-2006, 05:47 PM
I improved on my post but theres a 2 minute limit to editing so it disappeared. I blame the administrators and so should you. I curse them for this! :( :)

One thing I did mention was that you should avoid to have two of these 5-poly-connections right next to eachother as they do create "tension" in the mesh and will affect areas around them and thus eachother, possibly magnifying their effect. So try splitting the polys inbetween the two so there is two bands of polys inbetween the two instead of just one.

taglli
10-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks for your reply
My probles i have two of these 5-poly-connections right next to eachother
thanks you very mush

taglli
10-30-2006, 06:10 PM
witch tool i do use for «delete« every 5 poly

evenflcw
10-30-2006, 08:36 PM
As I said, unless you are building something very simple like a flat plane you simply can't get rid of all of them (other than exchanging them for something worse or equally bad). It's impossible to not have any 5-poly-connections in a complex structure such as a characters face. You'll have to rework the mesh until you feel they aren't a problem anymore. You decide when that happens. Mind you, most people aren't half as picky as I am. Use spinquad, merge poly, add edge etc, any tool to rework the mesh. There is no specific tool to get rid of them.