PDA

View Full Version : is there a poly count limit???

emarufino
10-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Hi all. I am working in LW9 1.000.000 polys scene, and Modeler and Loyout crash often. Is any limit with polys/textures count???

Thansk all.

wellsichris
10-30-2006, 04:35 PM
depends on how much memory you have?
also note that a 32bit lightwave doesn't really address more than 2 gig.

I have a scene that is 2.5 mill polys and with the textures I can only work with it under lightwave 64. it crashes on anything else.

chris

que parte de argentina?

bryphi7
10-30-2006, 04:37 PM
I can render 6mil on 32 bit with 3gig switch...

emarufino
10-30-2006, 05:27 PM
I have 2GB RAM...

Para chris: Capital Federal - San Telmo

wellsichris
10-30-2006, 09:09 PM
have you checked in the task manager to see if you are maxing out your memory? some things I do is creat low res versions of the textures. that can help. the scene that only works in 64 is rendering right now and is using 4.73GB or memory :) so anyway without any textures on the model I can open it in 32 bit it is just hard to work with. try breaking the model up into sections and work with it that way if it is having problems. You may need to render it in pieces if you are running into memory issues. for example this scene to render on my render farm at work had to be broken up into 4 pieces.

good luck
chris

mi hermano vivia in bahia blanco por 2 años. por eso te pregunte. por la curiosidad, que tal el trabajo alli? hay estudios que hacen 3d en buenos aires? mi hermano siempre dice buenas cosas acera de Argentina. le gusto mucho.

emarufino
10-31-2006, 05:04 AM
Lw works with 2048*2048 textures??? maybe that's my problem. The task manager is full of memory when try to render.

Ema.-

Chris. Tengo un par de amigos de Bahia Blanca. El trabajo 3D está empezando por aquí, pero se están armando buenos equipos. Y las empresas están invirtiendo de a poco...Veremos que pasa en el futuro. Vos de dónde sos?

wellsichris
10-31-2006, 08:44 AM
yes lightwave does support 2048 textures but it does look like a memory issues. I have done textures up to 4096, but that can be problematic, depends a lot on memory. if you are having to use virtual memory it can really slow things down. so you'll have to break up the scene or if you can get away with it smaller textures.

chris

soy de utah, pero vivia en peru por 2 años, pase un poco de tiempo en bolivia tambien. quiero conocer argentina algun día. veremos :)