PDA

View Full Version : What's with the big camera?

dmac989
10-29-2006, 10:45 PM
Here's a good one.

When I load large objects into a scene, my camera grows to titanic proportions.... How do ya fix that?

Silkrooster
10-29-2006, 11:54 PM
Odds are the grid has changed. Look in the lower left hand corner to see what size the grid is. Normally about 1 meter. The [ and ] keys will change the size for you. Changing the grid size is necessary to see extremely small or large items.
Silk

meshpig
10-30-2006, 12:21 AM
Large objects? - Try scaling them up: sounds silly but what you are saying sounds also like the objects are actually too small for the scene's scale. Titanic camera icons?

... look at the Camera's clip distance whilst you're at it!

:thumbsup:

M

donny
10-30-2006, 04:09 PM
Once you have a object loaded try saving the scene or just coping and pasting back in the grid square size in the display options. This should stop it until you start on a new scene.

tribbles
10-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Odds are the grid has changed. Look in the lower left hand corner to see what size the grid is. Normally about 1 meter. The [ and ] keys will change the size for you. Changing the grid size is necessary to see extremely small or large items.
Silk
I had exactly this problem - took me a very long time to realise what had happened. It wasn't so much the camera that I minded, but the lights - what I would do to "fix" it (before knowing it was the scale), was to change the lights to area lights, and then change their scales down before changing it back to whatever it was beforehand.

When I found out it was the scale, I had a D'oh moment, and now if I suddenly find importing an object (normally something big) changes the camera size, I just hit the right key until it's back to normal.