PDA

View Full Version : semi photo-realistic pencil

Leprechaun
10-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Quick and simple model..spent some time on the texturing though. It may be too dark..so i may have to brighten it up a bit

Ztreem
10-30-2006, 01:23 PM
I hope you dont't mind me altering your image. I brighten it up a bit in photoshop, I think it looks a lot better but I think you should make it even brighter.

spunkyfl
11-03-2006, 12:39 AM
awesome looking images! the only thing I see is that the spec on the pen is a little blown out, other than that its awesome!

parm
11-03-2006, 02:30 AM
I like the first of the two images best. More dramatic angle, the texturing looks really slick and smart.

I realise these are finished pieces. But there is one thing doesn't feel quite right for me. I think it might be a mistake, to have the pen so perfectly lined up with the wood grain. I'd try making them cross each other a bit

Good work

John the Geek
11-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Quick and simple model..spent some time on the texturing though. It may be too dark..so i may have to brighten it up a bit

Agreed, brighten it up a wee bit there. Very nice though.

I hope you dont't mind me altering your image.

ARGGGHHH... It's generally impolite to modify someone else's image before they give you permission to do so. Had it been my image, I'd have bit your head off over it.

awesome looking images! the only thing I see is that the spec on the pen is a little blown out, other than that its awesome!

I think that helps make it look more realistic myself.

I like the first of the two images best. More dramatic angle, the texturing looks really slick and smart.

I realise these are finished pieces. But there is one thing doesn't feel quite right for me. I think it might be a mistake, to have the pen so perfectly lined up with the wood grain. I'd try making them cross each other a bit.

Agreed, more angle from the wood grain would be nice. Not a lot, but it's too close at the moment. It does look unnatural that way.