PDA

View Full Version : The leacking light problem

DiedonD
10-29-2006, 01:20 AM
Hi guys. Im doing these villa corridors and stumbled on this leacking light problem, which despite all my efforts didnt went away. I dont want to use negative lighting just yet, cause the leacking should be stoped by some other means. As you'll see on the "Leacking light problem" file, the light leacked even when I tried to block the light with a huge polygon in a "Ublockable even by polygon" picture file. So what do you suppose is this? The light is soo resistant that it leacks through regardless the polygon. And when I add other lights in the area it becomes way too bright, unbalancing a corridor made up with somewaht 8-9 fluroscent (linear) light.

And I might add that there are only three lights on that room, two spotlights and a point light, and there are no other on the whole scene.

Ztreem
10-29-2006, 02:12 AM
Have you activated raytrace shadows in the render options?

DiedonD
10-29-2006, 02:45 AM
No :) I did not. Silly me. And I was beginning to think that something is terribly missing in the scene. That solved that problem and more.

This is what you get when you work on Sundays.

Thanks Ztreem. And btw your avatar and this comment of yours went alone nicely and added a tone to your response wont you think.