PDA

View Full Version : Loading tutorial scenes from CD

greg.reyna
10-28-2006, 12:51 AM
When I want to work on tutorial scenes that come on the CD of a Lightwave book I copy the scene, object and image files to directories on my hard drive. The trouble is, the Content directory I created doesn't have the same directory setup that exists on the CD. The CD has extra levels, such as: "Content:Images:Chapter4:ImageFile.gif", so every time I load my tutorial scene Lightwave can't find the file without my clicking "Ok" in a requester. This is especially odd because even when I save the scene under another name Lightwave still can't find the file without help.

Is there some way to get Lightwave to recognize that the scene now exists under a different directory setup than when it was originally saved?

Thanks,
Greg

gjjackson
10-28-2006, 09:20 AM
In LW9 you can go to the options/path and set custom paths for directories.

greg.reyna
10-28-2006, 04:41 PM
Oops, never mind...The image data is saved in the object file. I saved the tutorial object with "Save all objects", and now Lightwave remembers where the object's images are.

>In LW9 you can go to the options/path and set custom paths for directories.

This appears to be designed to use if I want Lightwave to look into an additional directory, "deeper" than the usual path, like this:

"Content:Images:JoesApartment:ImageFile.gif"

It doesn't work in reverse, like when the CD has this extra directory and my drive doesn't.

Thanks,
Greg