PDA

View Full Version : Dragonfly

balogo
10-27-2006, 07:38 AM
Hello friends. its my first post in the forum. Im new in the 3d world. sorry but my english not is good, ok . thanks..

starbase1
10-27-2006, 09:14 AM
That is very nice!

If I can suggest one or two small improvements...

I think the eyes would look better if they were a stronger colour, and contrasted more with the body.
And maybe a little interference film shading on the wings, to make them look a bit more oily.

Nick

balogo
10-27-2006, 02:26 PM
thanks friend. im a beginner in 3d lightwave, and i dont have experience (im work with vetorial programs before)

Sarford
10-29-2006, 04:48 PM
I also have two smal crits, though they are different then starbase crits :P

a: Change the background color to the color of the sky when rendering your image. The hairs on the stem of the plant are too dark.
b: Look at your lighting. The main light in your 3D scene comes from the right yet in the background photo it comes from the left.
Also, since its a fairly bright day, the shadows would be harder and the bounced light (from the sky) on the other side of the stem would have a lower intensity, or better phrased; the contrast between main light and fill light should be higher.

Nice wings on the dragon fly, they look like made out of glass instead of real wings but I find them pretty non the less.
Nice start mate!