PDA

View Full Version : help with logo import

kikithuy
10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Hi come somebdoy help me with this logo - I am trying to import it using the epsf importer - I have tried tracing contours, saving in ai and eps in versions lower than illustrator 8 and it just doesn't want to do it.

If anybody can suggest a good way of doing it and where I am going wrong it would greatly appreciated...

Tony

liquidpope
10-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Save it as a jpg, load in background in modeler, then built it there.
This is a pretty simple logo. Just create some discs, join points where needed for the bars between them, and pull points for the pointy-bit at the bottom.
2 minutes, tops.

SCS5
10-26-2006, 11:55 AM
What's it doing when you try to import it?

kruemel_1
10-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Traced the contour with Illustrator, exported as EPS, imported in LW, Poly to Curve with LW CAD and back with CurveToPoly. was a 1.5 min job.

kikithuy
10-27-2006, 01:22 AM
Thanks very much - I was trying the trace contour in photoshop which was obviously not working - normally do everything in Lightwave and never use illustrator so thanks V much.

I would normally just re-create it is modeller but unfortunately the font was not one that could be used so it would have meant me modelling each and every letter which would have just been one bug pain up the A***e

So thanks V Much

Tony