PDA

View Full Version : Cursors in 9 vs 7.5

CrackWilding
10-25-2006, 02:50 PM
Perhaps I'm just too dull to spot the giant red button that controls this, but in 7.5 the cursor used to give feedback in Layout -- if you had the option key down (alt?), you'd see the rotation cursor, and so forth. Now it's just a cross, and is always a cross.

This might be a Mac-only issue. I dunno. Can anyone give me a notion?

JamesCurtis
10-25-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm PC here, but if you are talking about LW9 Modeler, there is a switch in a menu panel to change cursor looks:

CrackWilding
10-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Well, I'm actually having the problem in Layout. Another example -- and I'm a bit foggy about this because I've been using 9 for about 10 days and I've already forgotten exactly how 7.5 did it, but when you roll over movement handles in Layout, it seems to me that the cross cursor changed to a pointer, to indicate that you were over the handle. In 9, the cursor doesn't seem to give any feedback whatsoever...

katsh
10-26-2006, 12:26 AM
In 7.5, mouse coursor "is not even cross hair" its "just arrow" and always arrow.

CrackWilding
10-26-2006, 08:03 AM
Alright, well that blows my ship out of the water.

Still, it does change to a rotational cursor when you hold downt the option/alt key, right? Or am I imagining all this? It's possible I've projected modo features into LW.

katsh
10-26-2006, 06:21 PM
Still, it does change to a rotational cursor when you hold downt the option/alt key, right?
No.
there is no such a cursor in 7.5 layout.
cursor is always arrow.

danielkaiser
10-26-2006, 07:45 PM
Perhaps I'm just too dull to spot the giant red button that controls this, but in 7.5 the cursor used to give feedback in Layout -- if you had the option key down (alt?), you'd see the rotation cursor, and so forth. Now it's just a cross, and is always a cross.

Only in perspective view.

CrackWilding
10-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Alright, the more I think about it, the more I begin to conclude that I imagined the whole thing. I probably need to slow down a bit. Or speed up.

Sorry to have led you all down a blind alley.

danielkaiser
10-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Itís a familiar route.