PDA

View Full Version : RedZee Zebra Anim

Carm3D
10-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Hey all.. I put a new animation up on my home page (http://www.Carm3D.net). He's a cute little animated zebra for RedZee.com (http://www.redzee.com).

iDV8
10-23-2006, 03:49 AM
Ha! I love it! But on the RedZee page it looks like brown Zee, stripped chroma or something. Cute animation on your site.

Carm3D
10-23-2006, 03:55 AM
Thanks. The one on their site was not created by me. It will be replaced by my version. :)

Meaty
10-25-2006, 06:32 PM
LOL CARM! Simple but GREAT. Very well done! The blue rim light is a nice subtle touch.:thumbsup:

Carm3D
10-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks Meaty. The client loved it too. :thumbsup:

DonJMyers
10-26-2006, 10:54 PM
He is an ADORABLE little fellow. It reminds me of a character from a gum ad I used to see as a child over and over. It was a fruity stripe gum, candy stripe gum, something like that. JUST like your guy. Wow how pictures can unlock memories of things one thought one has forgotten ...

Carm3D
10-27-2006, 01:44 AM
Thanks Don! Yeah I used to buy that gum as a kid (Back when I was a young goat). The client was very happy with him to and we're gonna make a commercial with him! :)

RudySchneider
10-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Congrats, Carm3D. Keep us informed!

issaid
10-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Man, I love RedZee Zebra! Great work!

DonJMyers
10-27-2006, 01:44 PM
I can't believe I remember a package of gum's mascot from 20 years ago and associated it (correctly) with your inspiration for this character! Talk about trivial trivia!

Thanks Rudy for making the connection and uploading that pic. I found that pic too by googling "fruit gum zebra" and there it was! Is the internet amazing or what?

Now don't get me started on the bannana splits and wacky packages.

http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/tv/kids/bananasplits.htm

DeepRecon
12-09-2006, 03:15 PM
The zebra animation may be nice but...

RedZee is nothing but bogus. If you have purchased key phrases in their "top 3" ppc program, every single hit that comes from either their search engine or their spybar is a bounce.

I'll say this again because it is very important:

Every single hit that comes from either their search engine or their spybar is a bounce.

Excluding my own testing, in every single case where an IP address has entered my sites from the redzee search engine - either directly from their search engine or from browsers that have the redzee spybar installed, which appends redzee "top 3" ppc results to the top of the Google, MSN or Yahoo organic listings - that IP address goes no further than the landing page. In some cases, the IP bounces out before the entire landing page is requested from the server.

I have tested and confirmed this through exhaustive manual analysis of my raw log files. There is absolutely no doubt that the redzee "top 3" is a scam.

I have severed my relationship with redzee in total disgust.

loki74
12-16-2006, 02:07 PM
Well thats a lame note to let the thread die on... so I'll toss in my 2 cents:

LOL very cool Carm, as usual. Agreed about the blue light, nice touch. The fur was also nicely done. :thumbsup:

Carm3D
12-16-2006, 05:23 PM

DonJMyers
12-16-2006, 08:10 PM
I concur re: this thread. And i want to be the last one to note that Carmen is smart, talented and incredibly good looking.

Carm3D
12-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Hahaha! Thanks Don. The 'guys' do like me. I wish girls liked me as much as dudes do. :bangwall:

DonJMyers
12-17-2006, 01:58 AM
What a heartwarming comment. It's just what I wanted to hear GROAN.

I suppose I shall have to make do with the version of you I made in modeler.

Carm3D
12-17-2006, 02:48 AM
I'm sorry.. It really is flattering of you to say... I just don't orient that way. If you feel compelled to make an animation with my model, be gentle when you bone me.