PDA

View Full Version : Parallel to USB dongle question

ejo3rd
10-22-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm switching from a parallel to USB dongle & had a question on the procedure. I understand I will need to re-register LW.Can this be done on the web page or do I need to call in the new dongle ID? I tried using the web page but can't find a way to update my lock ID.Thanks!

cagey5
10-23-2006, 01:05 AM
I believe it's done via the web page from memory. Don't forget you'll also need to re-register any plug-ins or programs linked to your dongle. fPrime etc so put in a request at the same time asking Newtek to verify with each supplier that it is a legitimate license exchange.

ChrisPitts
10-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Hi ejo3rd.

Unfortunately, the new dongle can't be registered again online, because your serial number's already attached to your existing LockID. Also, cagey5 is correct, in that you'll need to re-register any third party plugins as well. Fortunately, our lovely and telented Customer Service folks can quickly reassign a LockID, and help you with the third party plugins as well.

Give them a call at 1-800-862-7837.

And, if you run into anything unusual, give Tech Support a call at 210-341-8444. We're experts at unusual. :D

ejo3rd
10-23-2006, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the info. Made the call this morning & got my new key. Third party stuff is next!