PDA

View Full Version : Apartment Interior

MooseDog
10-22-2006, 08:38 AM
little collab effort:thumbsup: .

don't know what to say:D , nice little interior shot, tweaked in ps.

critiques or out n' out savaging all welcome .

thx for taking a look :thumbsup:

ShawnStovall
10-22-2006, 12:47 PM
It looks like there is light coming in from behind the camera. It looks unnatural. Very good job though!:thumbsup:

iggy21
10-23-2006, 10:49 AM
That's shanghai in the background right?

starbase1
10-24-2006, 04:00 AM
I'm not sure what the brown things ion the table are - the shape says large books, but the texture looks like fluffy cloth to me.

I'm pretty sure you would not get an inset shelf hole on an outside wall like that either.

The look is not bad apart from that...

Nick

zapper1998
10-24-2006, 04:27 AM
Raytraced or Radiosity??
The bowl on the window sill, to big, something needs to be in it.
The Table Glass, looks good.
The Lighting, 1 light going thru the windows, everything else, gets bounced light rays..
All in all, looks good..

Pavlov
10-24-2006, 05:04 AM
Are walls greenish by design ? if not, there's something wrong in lighting.
I'd put two blueish arealights in front of the windows... other fill lights are needed only if this is not enough.
Beside these small lighting issues materials are pretty nice ;)

Paolo

MooseDog
10-24-2006, 05:55 AM
hey, this is great guys. thx!

Are walls greenish by design ?

yes. the original v-ray render was white. i wanted to see if fprime could equal that engine, but i chose a slightly different wall color, just to be different:) . overall, fprime can do this sort of stuff! though i'm very anxious for the day when fprime can render nodal texturing. thx pavlov:thumbsup:

but the texture looks like fluffy cloth to me.

fluffy cloth it is then! :) was shooting for soft leather binding, but yeah, could have paid more attention to surfacing there by tagging those polys as white pages. thx:thumbsup:

It looks like there is light coming in from behind the camera

yep! there are several bounce lights from all different directions.

general background: it's an fprime render, mc radiosity, combined with several bounce/fill/spec only lights. even with such a powerful gi renderer, i felt it was important to focus on some classic lighting techniques. it seems i got pretty close, but i appreciate the fresh eyes! thx again:thumbsup:

ShawnStovall
10-24-2006, 04:16 PM
I meant I didn't like it.:) I think the room looks over lit.