PDA

View Full Version : opacity

chab00m
10-21-2006, 12:04 PM
OK, everytime I load this one female character she looks solid and then the opacity changes to like 40 percent. There is nothing in surface editor to indicate the problem. The hair is done with sasquatch but Im not sure if that would be it?????

iconoclasty
10-21-2006, 01:10 PM
When it's rendered or in the openGL preview?

chab00m
10-23-2006, 09:56 AM
The character begins solid then becomes almost transperent soon after it renders. Sometimes when I zoom in it goes solid again. Could it be a Lscript thing??? If so, how do I remove the script?

chab00m
10-23-2006, 09:59 AM
Im not sure if its a Lscript thing or openGL. Im still a concider myself a newbie modeler so I have not experienced Lscripting or openGL. All I know about openGL is that it is nessessary from games.

ChrisPitts
10-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Hi chab00m.

OpenGL is necessary for many 3-D applications, including Lightwave. This sounds like an error I've seen before, caused by your graphics card drivers. Update DirectX from microsoft's website, www.microsoft.com/directx, then reinstall your latest video card drivers. If that doesn't work, it may just be something your video card drivers can't handle. In that case, you may either have to live with it, or score yourself another card. :grumpy:

[edit] Or, depending on what type of card you have, your fellow users may be able to suggest an older driver from the manufacturer that's been solid for them.

chab00m
10-23-2006, 10:11 AM
ya, I think it may have something to do with the hair polys which were rendered with sasquatch. My computer is an old K6-2 333mh and I have an 8meg ATI Rage pro2 videocard. I know its pretty lame stuff that I have. Im a pittycase. Nonetheless, Im surprized that I can even run lightwave at all but don't ask me to animate (eeeeek). Do I ever need a new pc.

chab00m
10-23-2006, 10:13 AM
Iam running directx 9.0 by the way.

ChrisPitts
10-23-2006, 10:19 AM
hmm. Yeah, directX 9.0c may help a little, but to be honest, if Lightwave even loads on that system, I wouldn't touch a thing, for fear of breaking it. :stop: