PDA

View Full Version : Acrobat 3D

lesterfoster
10-21-2006, 09:06 AM
I have just downloaded the demo of Adobe Acrobat 3D. And I am just about to install it. What I want to do is show my boss what the website could look like in 3D. I made all of the Piper systems in our catalogue with lightwave. Than I simply traced my renders from layout with CorelDRAW.

What I want to do is import some of those same systems that I made into Acrobat 3D and show my boss that having a 3D website would be very beneficial. I have seen a sample page from Adobe’s website, and I am quite impressed. But my boss has no time to look at other products. There for I think it is best if I was to make one or two of our product pages in 3D to show him.

I am wondering if anyone here has tried something like this. And if you can pass along some tips on how to do this, or show some examples.

Are there any other methods to make a 3D product website. Can the new Flash do 3D from lightwave objects?.

Thanks.

Chilton
10-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Hi,

I've played around with Acrobat 3D, around the time it first came out. I found its results to be less than stellar. I really wish someone would flesh out the Mesa project, and bring decent simple 3D objects back to the web.

AFAIK, Flash does not do 3D itself. Director/Shockwave does though. You need something that can export to the Flash vector format to create a decent 3D object there.

-Chilton

Verlon
10-21-2006, 11:32 PM
Check out Anark (www.anark.com). It even comes with Lightwave import capability.

It amazes me that they have gotten to version 3 and this hasn't overrun the net like flash.

Sekhar
10-21-2006, 11:57 PM
The best product I know to convert LW to Flash is Swift3D. You can get it as an LW plugin, and they have a demo (doesn't save though).

Ztreem
10-22-2006, 07:12 AM
Lw exports to shockwave so you can use that to do 3D websites. Use a software like macromedia(now adobe) director to set things up.