PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave plugin :WANTED

hyrt
10-21-2006, 07:26 AM
Hi,there.I am a greenhand in using Lightwave.I found it hard to simulate hair&fur.And it's hard to make mould a cloth.What's more,it's hard to convert a max file to LightWave.

The only softwave I can use to support my Lightwve is RealFlow.But you kown,it couldn't deal with the problems above.
Thank you.

Deeply sorry about my poor English. :help:

rwhunt99
10-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Hi Hyrt; you don't give many specifics, such as what kind of problems, is it only on some surfaces or what exactly do you mean?

if you are using Saslite (or SasQuatch for that matter), it's a two part process, in Layout in image processing, you need to click on pixel filters and choose Saslite or Sasquatch then you can click on the panel and set any parameters , close it and then in the properties panel of your object, click on Add displacement again choose Saslite or Sasquatch and there you can set up all kinds of parameters. If you are doing a characters hair, first make sure you know the name of the surface in the object you want to apply the hair then in the saslite panel, you can select apply fur to the named surface. If it is long hair, you will need to make several spline guides in modeler to use for guides. Kurv Studios has a video on Taming Saslite or Sasquatch that would be great if you plan on doing that, it will get you dialed in , there are other tutes available and Dan Ablan has the "inside series" on Lightwave that will guide you on the hair thing. Good Luck!:thumbsup:

hyrt
10-30-2006, 06:10 AM
Thank you.I got it

BeeVee
10-30-2006, 06:23 AM
For .max files, the *only* program that can load them is 3DS Max. It's not what you might call an "open" format... ;)

B