PDA

View Full Version : Starting a LWUG: How???

THREEL
10-20-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm wondering if it is possible to start a LWUG for a particular group of people, instead of a particular location of :lwicon:vers. I think I would have interest in this type of users' group.

Thanx!

tHREEL

JVitale
10-21-2006, 01:08 AM
I'm not sue I follow...could you elaborate?...Ours is for All LWers regardless of skill level

THREEL
10-22-2006, 01:08 AM
I'm not sue I follow...could you elaborate?...Ours is for All LWers regardless of skill level

Hi Jessica,

I'm talking about groups of people like Christians, atheists, Buddists, etc...

I've talked to a fellow :lwicon:ver who's a Christian like me about starting a LWUG. I believe it would be a good way to network, and if we wanted support and/or prayer on anything from a 3-D project, to a job interview, to a family crisis we could post directly to this LWUG, so others who don't believe the way we do won't be offended or bothered by our belief system. I've never been part of any LWUG, so I don't know how it works.

Thanx for your time!

tHREEL

THREEL
10-22-2006, 03:43 PM
You know what neverko. I can't stop being who I am, a believer in Jesus Christ. I am sorry it offends you, that's exactly why I'm trying to start a users group for Christians, so we can bring things like prayer before fellow believers without "offending" you non-believers. The LW - Community is full of all kinds of people, including Christians. Actually, I've seen things on this forum that personally turn my stomach, but yet they continue to be displayed. Do I have the right to complain about these things? Will I be ridiculed if I share a work-in-progress or completed work that has a Christian theme to it? Much of the 3-D work that I do has a Christian theme to it.

BTW--I had nothing to do with the thread about church. In fact, I have no idea who the person was that started it, or even if they are real for that matter.

One last thing, why is it okay to have threads about jokes, favorite songs, One Word, and others that have nothing to do with :lwicon:? I guess I should start complaining more, because I dislike some of the things I've seen on these threads. According to you, I wouldn't even be able to share what my favorite songs are, because much of what I listen to is Christian music.

Thanks for your time neverko.

tHREEL

Eisenhower
10-23-2006, 07:44 AM
I think it's a great idea THREEL! Go for it!;)

Grace
10-25-2006, 12:54 PM
I'd also like to offer my encouragement to your idea thREEL. :thumbsup:
If you haven't already, maybe try suggesting this at Spinquad also.

bryphi7
10-25-2006, 03:49 PM
I will come if you guys get Jesus to show up!
You's are ridiculous...

THREEL
10-25-2006, 10:35 PM
I will come if you guys get Jesus to show up!
You's are ridiculous...

Oh, Jesus will come alright. And, yes I am's ridiculous. Ridiculous about Jesus. Do you have anything your ridiculous for, besides :lwicon: of course? I'm just trying to get a LWUG going for us believers, so when we want to share something that non-believers like yourself don't want to hear, we won't be a thorn in your side. Nothing more, nothing less. Believe it or not, I'm trying to do this for you, neverko, and all others who want nothing to do with God, or Jesus. I thought you guys would be pleased as punch about that kind of thing.

I'm truly sorry this offends you sooooo much, but I can't change who I am, and, like you, I am a part of the LW - Community, and as you can see there are other :lwicon:vers out ther who are believers as well. Even though we don't agree on this, I still hope we can get along.:)

Sincerely,

tHREEL (AL)

PS--If I already knew how to get a LWUG started, I wouldn't even have started this thread in the first place. Thanx!

THREEL
10-25-2006, 10:40 PM
PPS--I've seen both encouraging and discouraging replies here, but what I really need now is to have someone show me how to start this LWUG.

In advance, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

tHANx!

tHREEL

Skinner3D
10-26-2006, 07:21 AM
I agree with neverko you would need to set up a website.

If you get it going count me in!:thumbsup:

androidmaker
10-26-2006, 11:09 AM
try this site for a list of the best hosting sites http://www.top-10-web-hosting.com/ and good luck with the LWCUG.

THREEL
10-26-2006, 11:35 AM
Thanx for the info! I'll look into your suggestions and see what happens, and keep you informed. It might be a little while thou for I have a tight deadline to meet. Hopefully, all of you know how that goes.

jasonwestmas
10-26-2006, 11:54 AM
By all means discuss anything in this forum that pertains to spiritual want, philosophy, or story. These things all enhance one's artistic creativity and overall appreciation for life. That doesn't mean we have to agree or disagree with anyone's views. It just means we can view what everyone and anyone has to offer.

THREEL
10-27-2006, 11:51 AM
I appreciate that Jason!:thumbsup:

kevman3d
11-14-2006, 04:12 PM
Cool! Nice to hear yet more LWUG's being created out there!

I am a little confused why you started this post? I see my original post is still anchored at the top of this forum on 'How to start a LWUG' (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3219)... I'm surprised nobody pointed that out considering its at the top of the messages here... :D

THREEL
11-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Cool! Nice to hear yet more LWUG's being created out there!

I am a little confused why you started this post? I see my original post is still anchored at the top of this forum on 'How to start a LWUG' (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3219)... I'm surprised nobody pointed that out considering its at the top of the messages here... :D

I saw that. Probably, after I started my thread.:D The thing is, the LWUG that I would like to start is more for a particular group of people, then for a specific location of people.

This group of people could be from anywhere in the world. I had never really heard of a "User's Group", until I joined the Newtek Forum. Also, I won't even begin to think about starting this LWUG, until I get the video project that I'm presently working on "In The Can". It's overdue and needs to be finished. Finally, I would never think of leaving anyone out of this LWUG, if it ever gets started, and anyone and everyone would be welcome there. But, the reason I wanted to start it in the first place is to bring up praises, prayers, and concerns to other fellow Christian :lwicon:vers without being an unwanted burden on those in the LW - Community, who want nothing to do with Christianity. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'll make sure I read, or re-read your thread, once I get done with my current project.

Thanx a bunch!!!!!:)

tHREEL, but you can call me AL.

colkai
11-15-2006, 04:15 AM
Whether for a specific group of people or an area, all you need to do is find a way to contact these people.
For our NWUK Lw group, it was just a meeting of minds from folks on the forums.
In your case, being tied to the religious community, I'd guess people so inclined have forums or meetings places? Get the word out that way, onboards at actual meets, in forums where religious people of your faith 'hang out' online and just put out feelers.

That really is the biggest hurdle, then you just build up a rapprot with the people interested and work out a way to "meet" and determine if face-to-face meets are viable, if so, where / when.

Be forewarned though, unless you are very lucky, it's unlikey to be regular and the number of folks who turn up can vary considerably, you may, or may not, get some who are always there. Don't be discouraged by this though, it is the nature of this sort of thing that timescales and commitments govern how it pans out.

For example, ourgroup hasn't met in many many months, I wasn't able to attend the last couple that were held, but we do stay in contact, some more than others, which again, tends to be the way of things unless you are uber-lucky or have a big user-based to draw on.

Either way, it's agreat way to 'network' and I've picked up some good friends from donig it.