PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't LW have?

monfoodoo
10-20-2006, 08:02 AM
Why doesn't LW have the menues rollup option? I was messing around with windowBlinds skins and one had that. For lightwave it would really be a plus. scott

monfoodoo
10-20-2006, 09:09 AM
I meant the floating panels

Dave Jerrard
10-21-2006, 02:28 AM
I've messed with Windowblinds before and found that just having that thing install really slowed the machine down. Pretty, but I can really do without the performance hit. Even Windows XP is noticeably slower when all those little purty graphics doodads are active, which is why so many people turn all those things off.

I'm not sure about the rollup thing you're talking about but if it's something that would take up CPU time, then I'd rather not have it. Things get sluggish enough in both Layout and Modeler without sapping performance with more display overhead. Heck, I don't even run WinAmp when I'm using LightWave because even that can cause a performance hit.

He Who Used To Be Into Customize.Org.

monfoodoo
10-21-2006, 08:47 AM
I'm refering to the floating menues.In photoshop,when you double click the (for example) the paths windows title bar,it collaspses to just the top bar,yet stays in place.When there are multiple windows open it gets very crowded.Rollups would be a great addition.