PDA

View Full Version : arrg.this make me crazy..."p button" issue

katsh
10-20-2006, 04:21 AM
hi guys and ladies. im goin to crazy now.

i call it "p button" issue. i cant explain well,so i paste that some1 write about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecullum
I find it really annoying that when I hit 'P' I get my properties open, I hit 'M' properties close and motions appear, hit 'P' motions close, properties appear... arrghh!

Why can't I have them both open?

well,does anyone knows there solution about this??
like plug-in for solve this problem.

Gary Heck
10-20-2006, 08:57 AM
My guess is that they are non nodal functions. You can't have both open at the same time. Any other ideas?

ChrisPitts
10-20-2006, 09:05 AM
My guess is that they are non nodal functions. You can't have both open at the same time. Any other ideas?

Correct. The way it's put together, they are mutually exclusive windows to have open.:D

Lewis
10-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Correct. The way it's put together, they are mutually exclusive windows to have open.:D

BUT In LW x.x this will be corrected - right :) ?

katsh
10-20-2006, 09:58 AM
thx for reply.
yes i know the cause.im game programmer of course windows programmer as well.
i want a solution not a cause.
sorry
PLEASE GIVE ME SOMETHING.

ChrisPitts
10-20-2006, 02:23 PM
BUT In LW x.x this will be corrected - right :) ?

Corrected is not the best word. The windows were coded with the purpose of being mutually exclusive, for whatever reason. It would need to have been a mistake for something to need correction. It's not a bug per se; just the way the program was written. :tongue:

At the same time, it's certainly worthy of a feature request. While I can't guarantee that this will added into a future build, I can say that I will make sure that this request is seen by the dev team, so that they can reevaluate whether these windows need to be mutually exclusive. :thumbsup:

Lewis
10-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Hehe, corrected is wrong word there you are right but since Lw 9.x is REWRITE why not write it this time differently/better ;) :p. Thanks for info :D.

Bytehawk
10-20-2006, 04:02 PM
the p key is a funky key

do this :
new scene
add null
press p : properties panel opens
press m : motion panel opens and properties panel closes
press p : now you would expect the properties panel to open, wouldn't you ? but instead the motion panel closes and nothing happens
press p again and then the properties panel opens.

press m : motion panel opens and properties panel closes
now press the properties button (with your mouse) : behaves as expected