PDA

View Full Version : Trying to buy LW in Australia

Drocket
10-20-2006, 02:45 AM
Hi,

Can any Australian LW users suggest a decent reseller in Australia, I have ordered a copy from a reseller but it has been over a week and he still can't give me an eta on shipping (he said he is waiting to hear back from the supplier). Typically he has taken the money from my credit card.

I can't understand how it can take them a week to ship something even if the reseller doesn't have it in stock.

Thanks,

Drocket.

righteous
10-20-2006, 03:07 AM
That seems a bit odd as it should be a Download thing? I got mine from a place on the sunshine coast http://www.advancesoftware.com.au/3d_rendering.htm
They were very friendly helpful and fast. They will ship to NSW (12$) no probs at all. Hope that helps

Drocket
10-20-2006, 03:22 AM
Hi Righteous,

Sorry should have explained.

I am upgrading from a companion product so need the dongle etc.

Doh!, I didn't know about them, I have purchased from advance software before and like you say they are very quick and friendly. Now I am kicking myself, I never considered them.

I will give them a chance to get back to me on Monday and if I don't here anything from the reseller I will request my money back and contact advance software.

Have a good weekend.

Drocket.

Kurtis
10-20-2006, 05:56 AM
Contact Darrell Vanderwolf at New Magic. They are our Australian distributor. He should be able to set you up.
http://www.newmagic.com.au

Kuzey
10-20-2006, 06:24 AM
Hi,

Can any Australian LW users suggest a decent reseller in Australia, I have ordered a copy from a reseller but it has been over a week and he still can't give me an eta on shipping (he said he is waiting to hear back from the supplier).

I think there was a wait of 3 weeks or so when Lightwave 7 came out, so that sounds about right. If the demands outweigh supply etc.

Do contact New Magic and see if they can bump you up the list if there is one.

Kuzey

Drocket
10-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Thanks guys,

I will do as you suggest on Monday.

Drocket.

jameswillmott
10-20-2006, 07:29 PM
I went through AdvanceSoftware and had my package delivered within a few days. Fast friendly and helpful. Darrell at NewMagic is just as good.

Drocket
10-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, I did contact Advance Software and at the time they didn't have it in stock and I believe the distributor didn't either.

Anyway I just got off the phone with the reseller I ordered it from and he said they now have an eta of the 3rd of Nov which is around the 3 weeks since ordering.

What is the situation with the dongle? Is every dongle uniquely signed by NewTek, if so I can understand the delay to a degree but in future I will purchase from one of the resellers in the states, I have ordered other software from America and had it within a week.

I just hope it is here for the weekend.

Drocket.

Kuzey
10-30-2006, 04:41 AM
There was a problem with some of the dongles a month or two back so that could've had some effect on the delay. Usually, it's all supply and demand related.

Best of luck,

Kuzey

Drocket
10-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Hi Kuzey,

Thanks for the info, hopefully it will be here sooner than later, it is just frustrating.

Drocket.

Ade
10-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Im from Melbourne and Im selling my LW 8.5 and FPrime if your interested?

Drocket
10-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Hi Ade,

Thanks for the offer but I have already ordered the 9 upgrade a couple of weeks back and am just waiting for delivery now.

Thanks,

Drocket.

t4d
10-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Contact Darrell Vanderwolf at New Magic. They are our Australian distributor. He should be able to set you up.
http://www.newmagic.com.au

Darrell is by far the Best guy to deal with in relation to Lightwave in Oz
Sorry you ordered from somone else,
But Quoted Kurtis just for anyone's future reference :thumbsup:

Newmagic IS the Oz dealer everyone pretty much has to go though him anyway:hey: