PDA

View Full Version : This just in - Vue 6 Upgrade Pricing

GregMalick
10-20-2006, 12:36 AM
I received this email on Tuesday. 10/17/2006

Hi Greg,

So to make it clear:

There was a pricing mistake in the price list that was changed 2 week sgo.

The correct path from Vue 5 Infinite (any version - including your Vue 5 Infinite part of your LW bundle) is $599 (and not $349 as previously stated).

For this price you get all Vue 6 Infinite tecnologies plus the ability to integrate all that into LightWave (this solution is now called Vue 6 xStream and is a version on its own).

We are sorry for the misunderstanding and the confusion.

Hope this is more clear this way.

Best regards.

Matt River

duke
10-20-2006, 01:41 AM
Sounds completely reasonable to me.

:|

zapper1998
10-20-2006, 05:06 AM
no upgrade price,

tonybliss
10-20-2006, 05:14 AM
reasonable ... ???
excellent package with extreme, and the great new features but $599 from a mistake like $349 .... hmm!!
Rebudgeting is a b1tch!!!

JamesCurtis
10-20-2006, 07:03 AM
Yeah, I agree!! The price change is almost twice the other. But I guess $599 for a program that is listing at $995 for full version isn't too bad. It's just kinda hard to swallow considering all of the other programs that are also coming out with new versions!

Kuzey
10-20-2006, 07:16 AM
"and not $349 as previously stated"

If that's a mistake on their part then they should honour it, otherwise it would be false advertising...I think :D

Anyway, as a side note Bryce 6 is out. You can import animations but from what I do not know and something called HDRG or wharever that is.

Kuzey

AbnRanger
10-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Sounds like they are forcing you to buy Xstream in order to simply upgrade from 5 to 6...whether you wanted integrated or not.

Verlon
10-20-2006, 08:16 AM
That would be for Vue 6 Xstream...not Vue 6 Infinite.

then again....they have made more than one mistake on the pricing.

It is still cheaper for a Vue 4 owner to get Vue 6 than it is for a Vue 5 owner.

Go figure.

CMT
10-20-2006, 08:28 AM
Yeah, I agree!! The price change is almost twice the other. But I guess $599 for a program that is listing at $995 for full version isn't too bad. It's just kinda hard to swallow considering all of the other programs that are also coming out with new versions!

That price is only if you upgrade from Vue 5 Infinite to the Vue 6 xStream Bundle. You can still upgrade to just Vue 6 Infinite for $299. Or if you already had the Vue 5 xStream Bundle, it's also just $299.

I think anybody who ordered it already should not be charged the new price, but $599 is a deal for an upgrade from Vue 5 Infinite to Vue 6 xStream considering what you get.

The new features range from "works a little bit better" to "outstanding." I'm salivating over the new ecosystem painting most of all.

Dragon Lee
10-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Bah, no wonder they were a bit fishy when I asked how I could pre-order for the listed price...

Leaves me reconsidering the upgrade to XStream, from what ppl have been telling me its not the fully integrated solution that I was hoping for.
Upgrading to Infinite 6 sounds wisely more useful now.

I'll get annoyed tho if I find they disalow normal upgrade prices from LW's Vue 5 infinite.

JamesCurtis
10-20-2006, 06:41 PM
Yeah, me too!! Seems to me that no matter how you aquired Vue5 Infinite, as long as the serial number is valid, the upgrade should be allowed. Besides, they will have at least made a $299 sale instead of possibly none from the person at all.

JamesCurtis
10-20-2006, 06:51 PM
BTW, Poser 7 is also on the horizon and I can [as far as I know] upgrade to that from Poser 5 which I had purchased from Content Paradise at thier recent promotion for free. They just need a valid serial number from Poser 5. The upgrade for that is $129. Sweet deal.

GregMalick
10-20-2006, 07:14 PM
I read this

The correct path from Vue 5 Infinite (any version - including your Vue 5 Infinite part of your LW bundle) is $599 (and not $349 as previously stated). as meaning that there is no alternate pricing path.

Although what correct means may be a matter of opinion, I suppose.

Signal to Noise
10-20-2006, 09:04 PM
I bet if every Vue 5 owner waited before taking the plunge we could see a price decrease, or better upgrade options, in the near future. I for one will wait it out a bit.

GregMalick
10-20-2006, 10:12 PM
S2N,

you could be right....

Digital Tsunami
10-20-2006, 11:02 PM
For this price you get all Vue 6 Infinite tecnologies plus the ability to integrate all that into LightWave (this solution is now called Vue 6 xStream and is a version on its own).So help me out here...if I understand that correctly Vue 6 xStream is essentially Vue 6 Infinite as well as the plug-in to integrate Vue 6 Infinite and LW? And that's $599 upgrade/sidegrade?

What I'm trying to say is that the new xStream 6 isn't just the plug-in/app. to integrate LW with Vue "X" infinite, but is that and also is stand alone of sort like Infinite?

3dworks
10-21-2006, 03:22 AM
would be nice to see an upgrade special offer deal from newtek here, like the one from lwcad 1.5 to 2.0... :)

Dragon Lee
10-22-2006, 12:01 AM
I read this
as meaning that there is no alternate pricing path.

Although what correct means may be a matter of opinion, I suppose.

Well I put my wording weird...
I meant to say that I hope they keep seeing the LW Infinite 5 as a normal Infinite 5 product (since we did not get manuals), and allowing upgrading to Vue 6 Infinite (instead of forcing us all to Xtream 6).

In the (long ago) past I've seen upgrade pricing schemes like that, where a crossgrade or "upgrade after buying older version through diskswap with different application" was suddenly seen as a different "product" and no new pricing was allowed.

I'd buy the Infinite 6 upgrade at the current pricing, and can only hope they'll do a pricing stunt when Ozone 3 comes out :)

hunter
10-23-2006, 12:57 PM
That price is only if you upgrade from Vue 5 Infinite to the Vue 6 xStream Bundle. You can still upgrade to just Vue 6 Infinite for $299. Or if you already had the Vue 5 xStream Bundle, it's also just $299.

I think anybody who ordered it already should not be charged the new price, but $599 is a deal for an upgrade from Vue 5 Infinite to Vue 6 xStream considering what you get.

The new features range from "works a little bit better" to "outstanding." I'm salivating over the new ecosystem painting most of all.
I can't wait to paint ecos either.
Also:
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_6/?page=3

Dragon Lee
10-23-2006, 03:23 PM
I can't wait to paint ecos either.
Also:
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_6/?page=3

Painting Ecos, will this work from WITHIN Lightwave?? I can't seem to find this information in their "forum".

Also, in the above URL, its nice they state the pre-order prices, anyone know where can I actually pre-order an upgrade to Infinite 6?
Can only see a link to buy a new Infinite 5....which I already have...

Tried mailing the question on but was given a vague answer. :(

JamesCurtis
10-24-2006, 08:55 AM
I believe painting of eco's is done within Vue6 from what I've been able to gather from the info on the site. Some of the vids show it being done.

art
11-02-2006, 07:08 AM
According to an email from e-on today there will be special pre-release pricing offered for various products, I'm listing only upgrade from vue 5 infinite (the one I got with LW9)

Vue 6 Infinite - Download - Upgrade from Vue 5 Infinite: $249
Vue 6 xStream - Download - Sidegrade from Vue 5 Infinite $549

xStream is a bit too expensive for me (hobbyist)

FranK10
11-02-2006, 09:48 AM
I think I can't buy Vue6 Xstream now.

So I wonder if I could upgrade my Vue5I (Lw bundle) to the next Vue7 xStream when it will be.

Do you think they will make a sidegrade from Vue5I to Vue7 X, or not?

Signal to Noise
11-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Dudes, like I said (actually wrote) already don't jump on the upgrade to XStream too fast. It's obviously too expensive for us hobbyists. If we hold out long enough perhaps e-on will re-evaluate their pricing structure or NewTek will get on board and offer some incentives.

JamesCurtis
11-02-2006, 03:48 PM
I tend to agree that a better pricing for upgrading for us LW'ers considering that the Vue5i LW integration features were quite less than stellar! After they realized this they came out with xStream. I think we deserve a bit of consideration because of that. IMO!!

jamesthiago
11-05-2006, 11:40 AM
I was all on board for the xtreme upgrade when it was $349.
Now it is going to be just 6 infinite for me, which I am still totally looking forward to, and at $249, that's a great deal considering what it can do.

Perhaps get that guy who had the $30 vue to lw plugin on the forum here to invest some effort in fleshing out his method and just maybe none of us will need xtreme.

One irk is that vue was telling people on their knowledgebase to wait and purchase vue 5 Inf to vue 6 xtreme for $349. So they were leading us astray several times and then, whammo the cost doubled. Oh well, that's their decision, which I can respect.

art
11-21-2006, 07:02 AM
Any news on this subject? There is new pricing table on their website now which confuses me more:

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/special_upgrades.php

Which price applies to me? I got my vue as a part of LW9 deal.

EDIT: I re-read it. It is more clear now, but when did I buy my Vue?

JamesCurtis
11-21-2006, 07:11 AM
Art,

You would have "bought" your Vue when you ordered Lightwave 9. I ordered LW back in Dec. '05 so I'm not eligible for the late buyer program you linked to. As far as I know MY cost would be $249 last I heard.

T-Light
11-21-2006, 07:17 AM
:D
The French don't do 'straightforward' do they.

LATE BUYERS SPECIAL OFFERS:

If you didn't buy Vue 5 xStream/Infinite through e-on's online store, fax us a proof of purchase showing the date of purchase*.
Does the above include us?

The Late Buyer's program is for customers who have bought a version of Vue 5 xStream or Vue 5 Infinite during the month of June 2006.
Why June,what's so special about June???

Vue 6 Infinite - Download - For owners of both Vue 5 Infinite & Vue 4 Pro
srp=$299 special offers=$179
So we can upgrade for $179 if we buy before Dec 1st and If we bought in June and someone somewhere classes us a late buyer???

I'd give them a ring Art, maybe none of this applies to us unless we upgraded and registered in June.

Maybe there's another offers page for everyone else.

[EDIT] James beat me to it

3dworks
11-21-2006, 07:47 AM
just would like to let all know: right now there's a deal when upgrading from vue 5 infinite (the one bundeled with LW9) to vue 6 to add realviz matchmover pro 4 HD for 149 USD to your basket! probably this is valid for xstream buyers too (didn't check that because no OSX version of xstream is available yet).

just look for the 'buy now' links on the eon website. after adding the upgrade to your basket, you will be presented the option for buying matchmover.

cheers

markus

norlight
11-23-2006, 03:16 AM
Anybody know anything more about this deal?

I┤m asking because I┤ve been looking for a solution like syntheyes (www.ssontech.com) as I want to start exploring the integration of 3d work in to video footage.

ssontech┤s website gives clear info about what their sw does.

Realviz I feel is more vague about their info. They are mixing in Matchmover Pro which seemingly is a different beast. And so far I haven┤t been able to find a matrix showing me a comparison between the -HD and the -Pro version.

Also, when reading about the Matchmover HD deal on the e-on pages there are a few words that puzzels me: "Camera Path & 3D points Output: Matchmover HD For Vue will only export the camera path and motion tracking points as REALVIZ XML (.rzml)"

Does the "...for Vue" means Realviz has made special version that will only work with Vue?

Granted, the prize is ridiculously low. But I still want to know what I┤m buying.

Besides, this is a LW forum, isn┤t it? :D

3dworks
11-23-2006, 04:09 AM
Anybody know anything more about this deal?

I┤m asking because I┤ve been looking for a solution like syntheyes (www.ssontech.com) as I want to start exploring the integration of 3d work in to video footage.

ssontech┤s website gives clear info about what their sw does.

Realviz I feel is more vague about their info. They are mixing in Matchmover Pro which seemingly is a different beast. And so far I haven┤t been able to find a matrix showing me a comparison between the -HD and the -Pro version.

Also, when reading about the Matchmover HD deal on the e-on pages there are a few words that puzzels me: "Camera Path & 3D points Output: Matchmover HD For Vue will only export the camera path and motion tracking points as REALVIZ XML (.rzml)"

Does the "...for Vue" means Realviz has made special version that will only work with Vue?

Granted, the prize is ridiculously low. But I still want to know what I┤m buying.

Besides, this is a LW forum, isn┤t it? :D

yes it is exactly like that, a special .rzml output limited version! HD means limited to 1920x1080, which is exactly like the version on the realviz site.

unfortunately, i did realize this output limitation too late, after already purchasing it, because the add-on info on the online shop wasn't very clear on this, claiming a 1800$ value reduced at 90%... only reading the full text gives you info about this limitation, but for 150 USD it seemed to be a no-brainer to buy it.

it may be possible to transfer the tracking data from vue to LW, after all, so maybe this could be a sort of runaround to this limitation.

norlight
11-23-2006, 04:49 AM
I posted a q to Realviz about Matckmover Pro vs -HD and Vue6.

After only 30 mins I got this reply:

"Thank you for your interest in our solution :)

MatchMover HD and MatchMover Pro have the exact same features, except for the resolution of the input images.
- MatchMover HD can import image sequences up to HD resolution (1920*1080 pixels);
- MatchMover Pro can import any type of image sequences, including film resolution in 2k or 4k pixels.

MatchMover HD will be soon available for sale on REALVIZ web site at a price of US $ 1.800 with all the export capability or our current MatchMover Pro.

MatchMover HD for Vue 6 is a special version of MatchMover HD, which can export ONLY to the new Vue 6 from E-On Software. We have a special agreement with E-On Software by which the buyers of Vue 6 (new versions or upgrades from Vue 5) can simultaneously buy MatchMover HD Vue 6 at a very special price.

Cheers,
Franšois"

So I guess this clearifies a few things.

Then, 3dworks, we┤re left with what you┤re suggesting:

How to get Vue6 data into LW...:stumped:

KevinL
11-23-2006, 11:33 AM
I have consistently and repeatedly inquired as to an upgrade (via phone and email) and was always told tough luck the LW bundle DID NOT qualify. period.

Last time I inquired 1.5 weeks ago.

I spent my upgrade dollars elsewhere. Not pleased. If the info here is correct they hosed me and p***'d me off. How not to treat customers 101

What a Joke!
Kevin

Verlon
11-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Not sure what you are referring to. I upgraded MY LW bundle Vue 5 to Vue 6. I passed on the matchmover due to the limitations (that 90% off gave me pause to delve deeper into the matter).

I just bought it off the store, smae as everyone. If they told you otherwise, that really sucks, but they kinda botched they whole release so it doesn't come as a shock to me.

Sekhar
11-23-2006, 11:53 AM
I recently got the special MatchMover edition with xStream 6. As clarified, it's just like MatchMover HD, except it outputs to RZML format (not LW, etc. like the regular version does). Looks bad, but it isn't really: RealViz has a set of converters on their web site to convert the RZML to different formats (LW, Maya, XSI, and 3ds) - you don't need to use Vue at all. I've been checking it out, it works great - you just drag/drop the RZML file on it.

Bottom line, I think this is a great deal you should take advantage of ($149 for MM vs. SynthEyes at $399). Only till end of Nov I believe.

Dragon Lee
11-23-2006, 04:44 PM
I have consistently and repeatedly inquired as to an upgrade (via phone and email) and was always told tough luck the LW bundle DID NOT qualify. period.

Last time I inquired 1.5 weeks ago.

I spent my upgrade dollars elsewhere. Not pleased. If the info here is correct they hosed me and p***'d me off. How not to treat customers 101

What a Joke!
Kevin

Same here, repeatedly my question on pricing (WHEN/WHERE to PRE-order) was either carefully ignored, or told I did not qualify...
Only reading this thread made me keep trying...and now I am stunned on the bizarre price changes between "offers"...

I'd like to upgrade, but each time I consider hitting the store I read someone else somehow got another 25% off the special on their store in an unlisted area or something...keeps me on my toes before making the leap :p

alvin_cgi
11-24-2006, 07:02 AM
I recently got the special MatchMover edition with xStream 6. As clarified, it's just like MatchMover HD, except it outputs to RZML format (not LW, etc. like the regular version does). Looks bad, but it isn't really: RealViz has a set of converters on their web site to convert the RZML to different formats (LW, Maya, XSI, and 3ds) - you don't need to use Vue at all. I've been checking it out, it works great - you just drag/drop the RZML file on it.

Bottom line, I think this is a great deal you should take advantage of ($149 for MM vs. SynthEyes at $399). Only till end of Nov I believe.

Where are those converters? I can't find it... is it free? Thanks:D

Sekhar
11-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Where are those converters? I can't find it... is it free? Thanks:D
Yes, they're free. On the main page (http://www.realviz.com), go to the SFX website and then the downloads page. Then under Patches & Upgrades, you'll find the converter set as a Patch for MM Pro 4.

3dworks
11-24-2006, 12:08 PM
ok thanks!

markus

norlight
11-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Found it! :thumbsup:

Vue6Infinite LW upgrade from Vue5, here I come!:)

3dworks
11-24-2006, 12:17 PM
i'm on a mac but i don't get them to work. no additional export option in MM so far after installation. also, apparently they are exporter filters (at least the readme states so), but after a closer look these are commandline applications (no drag and drop possible). giving them a filepath of an .rzml file in terminal does not produce any output at all. so, how does this work in the windows version, maybe this helps me to understand how to get it to work on OSX?

markus

Yes, they're free. On the main page (http://www.realviz.com), go to the SFX website and then the downloads page. Then under Patches & Upgrades, you'll find the converter set as a Patch for MM Pro 4.

Sekhar
11-24-2006, 01:19 PM
i'm on a mac but i don't get them to work. no additional export option in MM so far after installation. also, apparently they are exporter filters (at least the readme states so), but after a closer look these are commandline applications (no drag and drop possible). giving them a filepath of an .rzml file in terminal does not produce any output at all. so, how does this work in the windows version, maybe this helps me to understand how to get it to work on OSX?

markus
On Windows, create a shortcut for Rzml2Lw6 on the desktop. From MM, export RZML to whichever directory you want. Then, drag the file and drop it on the Rzml2Lw6 icon - the converter starts up and creates the corresponding LWS/LWO files in the same directory where you created the RZML file (not on the desktop - neat, isn't it?).

If drag/drop is inconvenient (e.g., you have the Explorer window occupying the whole screen), then copy the RZML file in Explorer and paste it on the Rzml2Lw6 icon - same result. I actually do it this way myself.

3dworks
11-24-2006, 01:30 PM
sekhar, thanks again. i finally got it to work under OSX.

here the instructions:

download the updated mac translators from your realviz account under updates. mount the downloaded .dmg and copy the folder where convenient. then launch the terminal app. drag the Rzml2Lw6 commandline application into the terminal window. drag the .rzml file as next and add an .lws output path (if you only specify a filename, then the output will be written directly into your user folder). hit return - voila, a lightwave scene file + a camera imageplane as .lwo (depending on the input) will be written!

markus

norlight
11-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Mucho gracias 3dworks,

I started to get this feelin┤ that this wouldn┤t work after all:thumbsup:

norlight
11-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Just thought I┤d give a hauler as I┤m now the happy owner ofVue6 and MM-HD.

I┤ve only gotten round to test the beta-Vue6 but so far it looks good!

I was i.e. very happy to see that Vue 6 instantly recognized my 4 processors on my Mac Quad, and that while rendering the activitymonitor showed at or very close to 100%!:thumbsup:

kopperdrake
11-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Ah ha -have you tried painting eco systems directly onto the landscape in Vue 6 yet...

...sweet... :D

I still get blotchy renders in animation though - I really need to do some reading up on that subject :)

alvin_cgi
11-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Hi,
I'm curious to find out if the Matchmover RZML scenes can be coverted to FBX and BVX...

norlight
11-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Fellows;

I┤ve ordered the Vue6 upgr with MatchMover HD from Realviz.

Problem for me, I haven┤t recieved my serial-nrs for MM HD!:cursin:

I`ve e-mailed both companies about 30 hrs ago but so far nobody has answered me!:thumbsdow

From WHOM did YOU guys get your MM HD serial-nrs in this bundle-deal? E-on or Realviz?

So I┤m turning to you fellows to at least find out which company is giving me this hard time!:devil:

3dworks
11-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Fellows;

I┤ve ordered the Vue6 upgr with MatchMover HD from Realviz.

Problem for me, I haven┤t recieved my serial-nrs for MM HD!:cursin:

I`ve e-mailed both companies about 30 hrs ago but so far nobody has answered me!:thumbsdow

From WHOM did YOU guys get your MM HD serial-nrs in this bundle-deal? E-on or Realviz?

So I┤m turning to you fellows to at least find out which company is giving me this hard time!:devil:

the serial number should be listed on your printable invoice, did you have a look?

Sekhar
11-28-2006, 12:56 PM
For me, both numbers were in an email response I got from e-on. I'd call them again.

norlight
11-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Hey guys, thnx:)

I found it at the very bottom of the printable invoice!

What I found not very customer friendly is that there was no mentioning anywhere that that┤s where the serialnr would be located.:devil:

I┤ve recieved a separat email from e-on with serial for Vue6 but here was no info whatsoever on MMHD serials there.

Oh well, thnx to you guys I┤m now ready to fire up MM HD for some unbelieeeevable magic!:D

GregMalick
11-29-2006, 12:23 PM
I called Eon & got through after a couple tries.
866-341-4EON (toll-free number).

Basically this is what the sales rep said:

There is no set release date for XStream6 but the anticipated date is in December.

The special pricing will be good until the release.
He immediately followed that by saying they are estimating the first part of December.
There is an XStream64 version that comes with it and it will work with LW64.

I asked about some of the differences noted on their comparison chart. Specifically:
Vue procedural materials and EcoSystems render perfectly inside your 3D application In particular I was wondering about Vue procedurals that vary over time - how they would look in LW.
He said that Vue materials are rendered in Vue, LW materials in LW and then you composite them together.

Ditto about controlling the render settings of Vue within LW, using LW animation tools, etc.

Anyway, he seemed pretty tired and some of the specific integration questions he struggled to understand.

Price $349 Vue 6 Infinite
Price $549 Vue 6 XStream

Basically the $200 gets you some integration with LW.

I'm just the messenger here.

art
11-29-2006, 08:46 PM
So, do I/we qualify for the $249 upgrade that ends on December 1st?

Sekhar
11-29-2006, 09:02 PM
So, do I/we qualify for the $249 upgrade that ends on December 1st?
Yes! The Vue 5 bundled with LW8 qualifies.

Martin Adams
11-30-2006, 05:02 PM
I just upgraded to Vue 6 from my LW bundle serial. It seems to perform much smoother than Vue 5. There's a couple of bugs (but it is pre-release), but you can definately explore the new features okay. I love the eco-system painting and terrian painting with my graphics tablet :)

Here's my first Vue 6 scene:
http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger2/2340/3330/1600/810299/river.jpg

Bearing in mind that I never really did much with Vue 5.

Sekhar
11-30-2006, 05:21 PM
Martin...forbidden error with your link.

Martin Adams
12-01-2006, 02:58 AM
Sorry about that. I was being lazy and trying to link to the image on my blog. I've put it on my web site now:
http://www.fxcv.com/images/full/river_301106.jpg

KevinL
12-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Sorry that I am being so dense, but where does the VUE content get placed. I have always been confused in this matter.

Thank you

Sekhar
12-01-2006, 03:45 PM
On Windows, look under My Documents\e-on software\.

KevinL
12-01-2006, 07:01 PM
and simple enough :)

Must mean I am not even a qualified "simple"ton

Rock on

JamesCurtis
12-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Martin Adams,

Like your image from Vue6. Needs a little work on the water though and maybe some small haze.

Martin Adams
12-02-2006, 06:01 AM
Yeah, I was going to play with water next and explore how to animate it as well. That was just the default water :)

Lito
12-02-2006, 02:15 PM
How long does it take to send you a D/L link? I ordered yesterday thinking the offer was expiring (btw, they extended it till Jan 02,2007) so why not, I could play with the program this weekend. Looks like I won't get it till next week. :(

Sekhar
12-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Bummer I know...I also ordered it on a Fri and had to wait through the weekend. Do check your status page on the e-on site though, you might find more current info there about your order.

Martin Adams
12-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I did the same, ordered it last Friday and had to wait until Monday before the link came through. Also, it took about 3-4 hours to download (on 8mb broadband), but they did send a new email out that they resolved some download issues. Hopefully it'll be quicker.

MikeK
12-02-2006, 05:37 PM
I ordered today and have to wait. At first it said that the serial number did not match then I recieved an email saying it was waiting for the credit card to clear. As I have never had to wait for my credit card to clear I think they are having problems with the Vue5 upgrade from LW9 upgrade.

Just have to play with Vue5 a little more. :)

Thank You,
Mike

Martin Adams
12-02-2006, 05:44 PM
I think they process the cards manually opposed to linking with a payment provider. Shame, but not much we can do about it.

Dragon Lee
12-03-2006, 04:25 AM
How long does it take to send you a D/L link? I ordered yesterday thinking the offer was expiring (btw, they extended it till Jan 02,2007) so why not, I could play with the program this weekend. Looks like I won't get it till next week. :(

I ordered it last weekend, also expecting the pricing to change after the offer expired, but I guess they saw the need to draw more customers with the special offer...

The confirmation/serials took basically 1 working day to process, but at E-On they didn't work in the weekend so the next Monday I received the confirmation and serials.
I assume things are still the same, unless theres a holiday in France these days.

MikeK
12-03-2006, 11:53 AM
They may keep the sale untill the manuals are ready. You will have to pay $50 USA to get the manuals when they are avilable.

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_6_xstream/?page=17

If I get a download version of the program, can I get a printed manual?
Yes, when the final version is ready, we will be adding to the store a "Convenience Pack" comprising the printed manual and the box. This "Convenience Pack" will retail for $49.

I hope this also includes CDs or DVDs.

Thank You,
Mike

KevinL
12-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Greetings,

After much confusion on the actual issue of whether I was even eligible for upgrade pricing I finally received clarification through this forum that in fact I could order with confidence. Thank you.

I then ordered that evening and received a notice about the need for e-on to manually confirm my eligibility, next morning had my links. Some confusion on serial numbers, but that was cleared up through this forum.

I am using VUE 6 and MM HD. VUE does work as a converter for MM data (yeah!) although i have only conducted a gross survey of viability.

Pixel on dudes (and dude-ettes)

Kevin

PS did not order xstream because of budgetary constraints although I think it might have uses I would appreciate.

Sekhar
12-03-2006, 12:55 PM
VUE does work as a converter for MM data (yeah!) although i have only conducted a gross survey of viability.
RealViz providers converters to get from RZML to LW (and other formats), without having to use Vue. See page 3 of this thread for details.

Lito
12-03-2006, 02:28 PM
MikeK IIRC on the e-on forums it said that the convenience pack is for the Manual and Box only, no CDs will be shipped with it. I really don't understand why though.

JamesCurtis
12-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Lito,

Yeah, I'm wondering why too. They have or in my case soon will have my money. BTW, glad to hear the offer date has been extended, I won't have money in the bank to cover an order of Vue6 for two weeks! [have a project payment coming then, no credit cards].

KevinL
12-04-2006, 07:53 AM
RealViz providers converters to get from RZML to LW (and other formats), without having to use Vue. See page 3 of this thread for details.

Sekhar I have tried the converters, they do not seem to work for me. How are you using them?

Thank You in advance.
Kevin

Lito
12-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Well I got the links this morning no problems. Though I wasn't happy with the warning the downloader app gave me when it was done. It basically said, be sure to burn the files in the directory to a CD because you won't be able to download it again. IMO if you release a product as downloadable only, I think you should be able to download it for at least as long as the product's life. It's the first downloadable program I have ever encountered that said that. Not really a big deal since I would have burned it to disc anyway, but a bit disconcerting to read.

Sekhar
12-04-2006, 09:11 AM
Sekhar I have tried the converters, they do not seem to work for me. How are you using them?
On Windows, create a shortcut for Rzml2Lw6 on the desktop. From MM, export RZML to whichever directory you want. Then, drag the file and drop it on the Rzml2Lw6 icon - the converter starts up and creates the corresponding LWS/LWO files in the same directory where you created the RZML file (not on the desktop).

If drag/drop is inconvenient (e.g., you have the Explorer window occupying the whole screen), then copy the RZML file in Explorer and paste it on the Rzml2Lw6 icon - same result.

Do see page 3 of this thread for related discussion, including how to do it on Mac.

inquisitive
12-16-2006, 04:05 AM
Any of you that purchased the upgrade of V6 Infinite with matchmover limited version have any samples of what the combo can do?

I didnt really get to use Vue5, but been thinking about the possibilities of the combo.

Also, what method of payment do they accept? paypal? I am wondering how safe it is to place my CC in their orderform. Is it charged from the Oregon office or from France?

Thanks

Lito
12-16-2006, 08:42 AM
I only got the V6i upgrade. I didn't get matchmover but there is a video out there that covers it a bit here:
http://www.esnips.com/web/MatchMover

I don't know if they accept paypal. Check their website I think there is a faq on payment options.

Sekhar
12-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Also, what method of payment do they accept? paypal? I am wondering how safe it is to place my CC in their orderform. Is it charged from the Oregon office or from France?
Did you try virtual numbers? Takes all the worry out.

inquisitive
12-16-2006, 11:24 AM
my cc no longer offers them

inquisitive
12-18-2006, 12:33 AM
looks like they may take paypal. Thanks for the link, looks like it could be a nice additon. Hopefully that plugin that converts the export to Lightwave works correctly.

I found this other program, seem that it could be about the same price as the discounted version of matchmover, but perhaps not as pro of a program? that apparently does offer all export formats.

Any of you familiar with it?

http://www.pfhoe.com/support.htm

inquisitive
12-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Well just purchased vue6i upgrade and mmpro HD.
What are the chances tha someone will process that order before the New Year? :bowdown:

Figured I would use my vacation time to learn the software but i received an out of the office autoresponse after I submitted the order :(

JamesCurtis
12-26-2006, 03:26 PM
My Vue 6 inf order CC was completed within 2 days. I did not opt to get MM though, so don't know about that end of things. Vue 6 inf is sweet though I have to say!! Maybe someday when I have more available funds I'll see about a sidegrade/upgrade to get Vue 6 Xtream.

inquisitive
07-14-2009, 03:02 AM
Hi,

How are you guys dealing with the Matchmover activation now that Autodesk owns RealViz? Any tips? knock on wood, I have not had to reinstall the OS, in a while, figure It was best to plan ahead ;)

Thanks

Sekhar
07-14-2009, 07:25 AM
Hi,

How are you guys dealing with the Matchmover activation now that Autodesk owns RealViz? Any tips? knock on wood, I have not had to reinstall the OS, in a while, figure It was best to plan ahead ;)

Thanks

I'd contacted AD on this some time back, and they asked to use the same email for activation/support requests.

calilifestyle
07-14-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm sorry i was over checking their price list. I have so say e-on is rapping there customers. Upgrading from 6 infinite to 7.5 is 395. from 7.0 to 7.5 is 335. i mean that's insane.

aurora
07-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Holy resurrection.
As for Vue all I got to say is Terragen2 :) In fact its linking into LW is even better as it has a node just for that purpose! Populating the environment may be much better in Vue though. I have not used Vue since the LW-Vue5 special offer but the enviro pop images I have seen from Vue is pretty dang nice, better then what I have seen from terragen2 so far. Other then populating I'm still a hard core WorldMachine=>Terragen2=>LW kinda guy.

calilifestyle
07-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey on Terrangen 2 how do you export to lw3d. i added the node export but i cant hook it to anything.