PDA

View Full Version : Mucking about with Hypervoxels...

starbase1
10-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Hi All,
I was playing around with hypervoxels, and made a pile of nested rotating nulls, with particle emitters on the end, switling around a few spheres... Nothing very special, but I had fun...

I've made the scene files and objects available in my downloads area, feel free to play with them, (and I'd like to see what anyone does with them!).

http://www.starbase1.co.uk/downloads.htm

There's a short vid of the results there too, total about 2.5 Mb.

Cheers,
Nick

BeeVee
10-20-2006, 04:40 AM
Gorgeous!

B

starbase1
10-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Thanks - Obviously people can poke around in the scene, but the key parameters I used to get the effect were:

1. HV size based on percentage particle age - fast growth to full size, and a slow shrink to zero.

2. About 20% on the inherit parent motion - this makes for a nice tendancy to drift with the emmitter.

3. Small amount of explosion so the particles drift apart.

The two emitters have most of the nested rotating parent nulls in common, which is why their motion is coordinated to a degree.

You can also get some cool effects by using the old style scene editor to scale all keys - for example by using 0.5, the motion keys are a lot closer and the emitters really move dramatically.

Nick

blindsided
10-26-2006, 03:21 AM
great work, and a big thanks for your downloads, i have learnt loads from pulling them apart.

starbase1
10-26-2006, 05:32 AM
Great! Please post any sucessfull tinkering!

( A link to my pages would also be cool!)