PDA

View Full Version : Maxon webpage

d1wojo
10-18-2006, 08:05 AM
I was over at cgtalk and was reading about cinema 4d new release. I went to there webpage and saw that they have a lot of commercial work posted on their site. Can't newtek do the same. The reason I bring this up is because marketing and how things are presented matter. On newteks sight you almost have to go digging to find out who is using it and on what project. There has to be a better way. Also how about an updated gallery. Most of those pics that say 9-1-06 are just reposted from when the area was redesigned. And one more thing maybe a demo real would be good.

I say all of this not to bring any ill feelings but more as to why is it not being done? I think LW has a lot to offer but is being short changed in this area.:lwicon:

Nicolas Jordan
10-18-2006, 09:49 AM
Newtek had put together a nice demo reel a short time ago before Lightwave 9 came out. I ordered it because I was curious. I found it to be pretty good!

vashts
10-18-2006, 11:08 AM
in another thread (speaking about demoreel):

Originally Posted by Brian Arndt
As far as permissions. Its not a simple thing. You need to get original artists permission and also studio permission to use images. This can take a long time as studios dont always get back to you for a long period of time.

Originally Posted by vashts
I don't understand why newtek is the only one who hasn't permissions for making their demoreels.. the new cinema4d has a new demoreel with lots of copyrighted sequences, houndini has a demoreel with spots and parts of movies, even eon software has ilm images of pirates of the caribbean, not to mention maya or xsi reels that have dozen of films/games/spots sequences.. all this stuff avaible on their own websites..

but for newtek.. no permissions.

Originally Posted by Kurtis
As to the first part of your post, this has been discussed in many other posts. I've seen the LightWave site go through so many designs I can't count since I was introduced to the product 10 years ago, and no matter how it looks, there are always some that like it and some that don't. If we go too far one way, we hear "it's not professional enough". If we go too far the other way, we hear "you're just trying to appeal to the suits." It's a tough road to walk, but we've gotten some of our best public response from this new design.

As to the second part, it may seem that way, but it's a lot more difficult than you think, especially on productions where you are dealing with the studio that owns the distribution, the studio that owns the production, the primary VFX house and then the sub-contractor VFX house. Many times there are also issues of perceived reputation and contractual agreements that further muddy the waters. You might be happy to learn that we now have someone who's primary roll is to deal with this issue.

so.. it seems we'll have something in future. let's hope!

vashts