PDA

View Full Version : Resizing Objects with textures

Ivan_B
10-17-2006, 06:36 AM
Hi All,
I was wondering if its possible to resize an object with textures, and having the textures resize along with the object...Or, do the textures have to be resized manually?
Thanks
Ivan.

JamesCurtis
10-17-2006, 07:37 AM
Sometimes they can be done together as long as the object is UV'd. Scaled only and no rotation of the object. At least it's worked for me a few times.

If the object is regular mapping [planar, sperical, etc.] - not UV, autosize may keep them connected, once again barring any object re-rotation.

This is NOT 100% foolproof in either case!

Ivan_B
10-17-2006, 08:02 AM
Thanks James,
No there isn't any uv's..The textures are Planar, when I scale the object..(its an eye) the images stay the same...However in layout all seems to scale correctly..But I need to match the eye with the head in modeler and save the object that way, to have weight maps etc. Maybe I can do something in layout and save a copy..
Thanks again
Ivan.

Exception
10-17-2006, 01:46 PM
You might be able to scale it in layout and do a 'save transformed'...
If retexturing isn't a big deal, I'd UV map the object. It's good to get your head around, UV mapping is tremendously helpful. So is non-uv mapping by the way.

bob anderson
10-17-2006, 04:17 PM
A quick and dirty was to do this is to parent the object to a null, and scale the null.

Ivan_B
10-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Hey People,
Thanks..I have no problem with uv's, I use them all time, however the eyes are already setup, thats how they came...resizing in layout is no problem..its just I want to do it in modeler..I'll try resizing then saving transformed..if that doesnt work..its UV time..
Thanks again,
Ivan.

Ivan_B
10-18-2006, 07:13 AM
Hey,
Just though i'd let you know...Had to do the uv thing..All is good!
Thanks again
Ivan.