PDA

View Full Version : Paths problems in PC/Mac versions

juanjgon
10-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Hi,

One problem i have with mac version of LW is that in some points it save in scene file a path file using OSX "x:x:x..." format. One of them is in render file save path. I work with macs, but my render farm is working in windows ... when i want to render a scene i must edit the scene file to change file path from mac to pc format. I think that this must be corrected to work in hibrid PC/Mac enviroments.

Chilton
10-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Hi Juanjgon,

Hi,

One problem i have with mac version of LW is that in some points it save in scene file a path file using OSX "x:x:x..." format. One of them is in render file save path. I work with macs, but my render farm is working in windows ... when i want to render a scene i must edit the scene file to change file path from mac to pc format. I think that this must be corrected to work in hibrid PC/Mac enviroments.

This is something we're looking into even as I type.

-Chilton

juanjgon
10-17-2006, 01:45 AM
Hi Juanjgon,

This is something we're looking into even as I type.

-Chilton

Nice :)

Kuzey
10-17-2006, 06:49 AM
Yeah, those absolute paths should go, they are sooo old school :agree:

Kuzey

Lightwolf
10-17-2006, 07:21 AM
Ideally, the SDK should also expose a way to translate from OS neutral or OS specific paths and vice versa.
This would make a lot of things easier for developers using external files and would get one step closer to allow for truly platform agnostic third party source code.

Cheers,
Mike