PDA

View Full Version : Beginner to Lightwave...ASSISTANCE please!

FMJoker
10-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Hello,
I am new to the LightWave scene. I have been searching through many different 3d modeling and animation programs. Most of the programs out there are too difficult to use so i decided to use LightWave. I am working on a quick little XNA game. I need this to make models and animate(if i can). Any guidance would be highly appreciated:bowdown:

kmaas
10-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Need a little more info:
What do you need help with? Building efficient models? Getting models into the game? Getting animations into the game?
Are you using C# or using the framework with another language?
How much programming experience do you have?

FMJoker
10-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Hey, Thanks for replying
Yes its C#, i need help with pretty much all of that....i know thats kind of vague but i can start by saying, is it possible to make characters in LightWave and then putting them on c#? Whats the process...do i animate them in LightWave or in C#?....Sorry for my stupidity...I'm just getting started.

gjjackson
10-16-2006, 04:11 PM
There's a game developer's forum here. Maybe they can help more. There's been a recent post on some game engine that appears to use LW scene files.

FMJoker
10-16-2006, 04:49 PM
So i have to use a game engine then from that engine import all my characters etc. from Lightwave? How do i make the characters move and to control the game....I think i have a good idea on how to....from the command console in C#....but i just need some background :newhere:

GandB
10-16-2006, 07:52 PM
The game engine you are refering to is Beyond Virtual (http://www.beyondvirtual.com/). The thread on Beyond Virtual, using Lightwave, is here (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57493).

-Keith

FMJoker
10-16-2006, 08:34 PM
I have found some Free Game engines...Its called TV3D....It seems to serve my purposes....what do i do after i have a game engine?

gjjackson
10-17-2006, 04:34 PM
I've never attempted such, but first you'd probably have to read the docs that come with any engine. I'd assume you'd have to create walk cycles where needed and so on.