PDA

View Full Version : Water/Object interaction?

BrianW
06-11-2003, 01:13 PM
Can any one out there shed some light on making an object interact with water?
To refine my question even furthur.
Say you had to build a small stream, river or any type of moving water, and there is a rock ,or what ever, sticking up out of the water, how do you make the wake that is created by the object? I can make moving water with PFX or even procederual textures and deformation map, but how do you get the water to break up and creat a wake? I am totally open to anything at this point, tut on the web or even a plug in that does it for you, I don't care. I am about to pull my freakin hair out trying to figure this out! :)
Thanks Guys!
Brian Warren

toby
06-11-2003, 06:22 PM
wow that's a tough one - I have 2 suggestions:

1. on a particle emitter you can set a negative "explosion" value - the particles will emit and focus to a point before spreading out again - with a fair amount of gravity it could simulate the way water does the same thing

2. wait for Larry Schultz to reply

Beamtracer
06-11-2003, 07:08 PM
Patrick Beck's book, "The Lightwave 6.0/7.0 Project Handbook" has a tutorial about animating water pouring, which hits a text logo and splashes off.

It uses Lighwave's particle effects plus Hypervoxels.

wizlon
06-12-2003, 02:03 AM
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69032

Try this.

BrianW
06-12-2003, 06:26 AM
I do believe that is what I am looking for. Thanks wizlon! I appreciate all of you guys who replied, this has been a tough one for me!
Peace!
Brian Warren