PDA

View Full Version : open source

lilrayray77
10-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Im just curious if anyone has ever thought of making an open-source LW plugin. It might be hard to maintain, but I think it might be fun and also give those who have yet to do much plugin programming a little bit of a boost/help.

Sensei
10-12-2006, 10:39 PM
There are many free plug-ins that are open source.. From my experience the more people working on one project, it goes slower.. They spend most of time talking and exchanging information about what others did with source code, in the time they're doing their part..

Dodgy
10-13-2006, 03:21 AM
The lscripts on my page are all just the source script, if you want to look through them or change them feel free :)

lilrayray77
10-13-2006, 01:16 PM
ok cool. When I look at software, it seems like open source is really starting to seep in.

gjjackson
10-14-2006, 11:41 PM
I don't have a problem with someone who is willing to reveal the code they have developed. But the idea of "Open Source" I've come to believe is just those who want something for nothing. I've seen various people and such try and do promotions to have ALL software as open source. From what I've seen is those same people are the ones who have no problem with cracked software. Those who believe in fully open source should Give away any work that THEY do. But I bet those people would balk at such an idea.

RedBull
10-15-2006, 01:43 AM
I don't have a problem with someone who is willing to reveal the code they have developed. But the idea of "Open Source" I've come to believe is just those who want something for nothing. I've seen various people and such try and do promotions to have ALL software as open source. From what I've seen is those same people are the ones who have no problem with cracked software. Those who believe in fully open source should Give away any work that THEY do. But I bet those people would balk at such an idea.

That is surely the most ignorant post, iv'e seen in an age...

ercaxus
10-16-2006, 01:27 AM
People who don't have a problem with cracked software don't need free software.
OT a little bit but does any of these names look familiar to anyone?
http://www.yafray.org/index.php?s=9&PHPSESSID=8fdec972b5dd0a76a3e1e96ed406e57b

gjjackson
10-16-2006, 04:01 PM
Yep, there's plenty of free and open source stuff out there. Like I said, I don't see any problem there. But as I said there are those out there who want ALL software open source. This would include Newtek's product. THOSE are the ones I'm speaking of. I've Heard these people on cable TV spout those ideas. Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, too bad.

My post was a bit off topic, generalities as such. There are plenty of free plugins for LW, nonetheless.