PDA

View Full Version : using lightwave in a video clip

wazzataylor
10-12-2006, 05:33 PM
i am using lightwave 7.5 and quite new to this,

i want to try and do the effects in the following clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KzqqRVQqzk

can it all be done in lightwave or do i need other software ie videotoaster or after effects ??

thx

pnevai
10-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Yup, read up on LW particle FX

ScottSullivan
10-16-2006, 11:36 AM
There was also a tutorial in HDRI not too long ago with this same effect. It was Issue 7, page 70, called, "Incorporating FX_Link into an effects shot"

The shot included adding a guy doing waves with his hand and butterflies coming out of his hands. Yours would be MUCH easier to do since this tutorial involved animated butterflies.

jeric_synergy
10-23-2006, 02:27 PM
You certainly could do this in LW, although as a guess I'd venture this was done with Particle Illusion AKA "WonderTouch".

It'd be trivial in that application.

Mchilly
11-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Lighwave is for 3D modelling, animation, rendering and texturing only, You need another compositing software like after effects to do complex effects.

Edbittner
11-02-2006, 05:35 AM
Lighwave is for 3D modelling, animation, rendering and texturing only, You need another compositing software like after effects to do complex effects.
Um.......NOT!
E.

Edbittner
11-02-2006, 05:42 AM
Um...not! I saw that vid on youtube. Those FX can be done in Lightwave so simply, it's not funny. (Sorry for thew double post).
E.

dmac989
11-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Even without much problem at all, All ya have to do if you don't have any video mixing software is set up a backdrop screen object to fit the camera and surface it with a video file, then go wild with particle fx.

I have discovered the cool thing about surfacing a screen versus keying later, is you can adjust frame by frame.

If you had no nle software, could always use Micro$ux movie maker to add the music.

Just looking at this I could take any good concert footage and have a blast adding effects like these.

So yah not only could you do this easily, you could put it to shame :hijack:

kopperdrake
11-04-2006, 06:03 AM

Forget what this guy says, he obviously hasn't a clue!

As the rest of the posters say here, this is simple stuff for Lightwave - a few particle emitters attached to nulls and you're away :) This isn't exactly complex particle effects either!