PDA

View Full Version : Interior night

otacon
10-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Had some free time last couple of nights to work on a little something for fun. Saw a photo that gave me an idea to make this scene. Rendered in fprime. Comments welcome.

gaushell
10-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Very nice.

A little grossed out by the fungus on the diffuser though. Clean those vents.

Dig those cabinets though they look hard to open -

Sweet.
:thumbsup:

david_B
10-12-2006, 09:18 PM
The TV looks a little strange... the screen is too reflective or something. Everything else looks great as usual... It's a strange composition though.

serge
10-13-2006, 04:15 AM
The TV looks a little strange... the screen is too reflective or something.
I agree.

Also:
--The standing lamp (which is turned on, right?) doesn't seem to have any effect on the surroundings. (Could be a very soft light though.) Anyhow, why would anyone place that lamp there if there are three lights above it..
--The brickwall seems a bit too blurry compared to the rest.

I really like the rest.

Weepul
10-13-2006, 04:56 AM
Yes, the brickwall is playing tricks on my eyes - it somehow looks ghosted or motion-blurred...

Also, the blue light coming in from the window is much, much too bright based on the light conditions outside.

The quality of the scene is nice, though I'm finding its reason to be a little hard to imagine - the scratched wood panels, the unhung framed mirror, dirty vent, contrasted with the pristine furniture, white walls, light track, and TV... The setting doesn't really convey an atmosphere to me, which to me is the purpose of artistic architectural renders.

Cesar Montero
10-15-2006, 12:05 AM
I said it at spinquad, but I thing it is worth saying it again here:

I think that sofa is very well texturized.
You are not lazy as many people that put plastic reflections to a sofa.
Very nicely done!

kmaas
10-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Looks really nice! Good job!

monovich
10-19-2006, 01:58 PM
very nice. I like the idea of a night scene instead of daylit scenes.

That leather on the chair is great also.

I agree about the brick wall, something seems odd. Is it real shadows + baked shadows?

Exception
10-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Its great as usual, but honestly... i'd expect a night apartment to be a bit more contrastey... like behind the sofa or where the brick meets the ceiling, it seems a bit too... light, flat...
Perhaps a bit too much secondary bounces stuff?

Love that sofa by the way...
And the scratches on the cabinets.