PDA

View Full Version : About cellshaded grass

DiedonD
10-12-2006, 01:40 AM
As Im now at the modeling of the scene environment part, I stumbled upon this problem. You usually go ahead and make huge layers of grass with saslite right, or its big brother as they say, sasquatch. But how do you make them appear cellshaded in saslite?

The whole cartoon is cellshaded, and I dont want the grass grab all the attention with its realistic features.

Thanks in advance

Silkrooster
10-12-2006, 02:43 AM
I had to play with saslite some, since I don't get a chance to do any cel shading. Anyways, the best I could do with it was open the properties for sas light and turn the value for Bright&Hue Vary down to 0 and bring specularity down to 0. Attached was what i ended up with. Probably not what you were looking for.
Silk

Marius Roth
10-12-2006, 04:37 AM
Pehaps Saslite isn't right for you, Try multiple Image Maps (Like in Computer games), you could fill up your Landscape with 1Point Polygons, render these as Hypervoxels in Sprite mode, with some fine Paintet Grass Textures, the Photoshop Natural-Brushes are just fine for that

kmaas
10-12-2006, 06:22 AM
Hey, that's a feature I could put in my new hair renderer plugin! Good idea!

DiedonD
10-12-2006, 07:01 AM
I had to play with saslite some, since I don't get a chance to do any cel shading. Anyways, the best I could do with it was open the properties for sas light and turn the value for Bright&Hue Vary down to 0 and bring specularity down to 0. Attached was what i ended up with. Probably not what you were looking for.
Silk

Actually is looks nice. I guess its either that or the multiple image maps way. But I just like to leave the grass to saslite as usuall. Thanks guys, its been helpfull.

T-Light
10-12-2006, 01:58 PM
Fiber Factory can grow polygon grass, you could render it with a cellshade style.

DiedonD
10-13-2006, 02:16 AM
Fiber Factory can grow polygon grass, you could render it with a cellshade style.

Hi T, nice of you to join. Its also nice that you opened up this issue. Just what is Fiber Factory? Theres a whole thread about it that I wouldnt want to enter without having a clue what it means.

Is it a Plugin, or is it a anual polygon grow with spikey tool, that you can later name "Grass" and have them cellshaded?

T-Light
10-13-2006, 02:36 AM
Think Sasquatch with added features. With Sas or sasquatch you have to make your own 2 point polygons for hair guides. FF has a tool that makes this easy, load in your object you'd like to grow fibres from, click 'grow', tailor the fibres to suit (number, style, gravity etc etc etc), choose what you'd like the plugin to kick out, ie two point poly guides or full blown 3 dimensional polygons, click OK :) The second major plugin is a pixel filter in layout where you create your settings for rendering your fibres (if you clicked on the hair guide option, rather than creating polygon fibres). If you had created polygons, then skip this step and surface as normal, click render :)

The plugins at
http://www.binaryartsinc.com

It's currently at $250 for a limited time (half the price of sasquatch - bargain)