PDA

View Full Version : sliders and viewports and other issues

da_duke
06-11-2003, 06:47 AM
hello,

since i get more and more fascinated by those sliders i'm going to use them more often, but:
first problem - using more than 1 viewport, is there any way to have the slider box only in one viewport? it doesn't make any sense to have them in each viewport, especially if the slider panel is larger than the viewport, collapsing isn't a solution because i want to access the sliders
second problem: more than one slider panel, since the slider panel is kind of non opaque, it is kind of mess to have them stacked. even collapsed, the title bar or some other part is hardly to read/handle if there is another panel at the same place, so i have to resize the slider panel, then collapse, open the next, resize it and so on, this is kinda anyoing
third problem - numeric input, ok, maybe nifty but sometimes necessary, i use sliders mostly for lights and parameter which are not easy to access (particle stuff ...) and sometimes i have to type in the value
forth problem - those tiny buttons on the right side of each slider, what's the usage for them? i never recognized any effect when clicking on it.
beside this issues, it is really a great enhancement for lightwave.
da_duke

Mylenium
06-11-2003, 09:52 AM
Hi there,

Problem 1: No way, buddy. I think this is related to OpenGL or something similar. The sliders quite obviously use another buffer/plane to be overlaid over the rest of the scene. Perhaps they will change this behaviour in v8.

Problem 2: Why not put all sliders on one panel? This is really no problem. The plugin is just a way to visually manipulate function parameters/ graphs and doesn't care about where they come from.

Problem 3: Not yet possible directly. Someone posted a tip on that a while ago but I just can't remember.

Problem 4: Those tiny little triangles will are used for navigating key frames.

Mylenium

da_duke
06-11-2003, 01:32 PM
hello,

thanks for the hints. about placing all sliders in one panel, the problem is, i'm not running a 4000x3000 resolution here ;-) and 40 or more sliders taking too much space to put them into one panel. and i want to sort them into groups, would be cool to have kind of 'collapse group' inside a panel, like the scene editor.
about the little triangle buttons, it's a cool function and this brings me to my next question, is it possible to switch of auto key create for the sliders? i'm always working without this function in main layout but it doesn't have any effect on the sliders. it would be really cool to have an option to effect only keyframe 0, doesn't matter which frame the actual is. (i mostly work on static sets but with different cameras or moving cameras)
greetings
da_duke