PDA

View Full Version : Sparks on a Fuse

grc
10-09-2006, 08:11 AM
I have a fuse going into some dynamite and would like a large spark to appear on the fuse, not too woried about animating this as I would render it as a still image at quite a hi res.

Have tried volumetrics but that does not seem to give the effect of sparks flying off in all directions.

Any ideas on how I may do this?

etobiason
10-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Try hypervoxels. Pick a frame that you like and render it for print.

-e

JamesCurtis
10-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Yes, use an HV emitter and perhaps use a few smaller ones at the juncture where several sparks would fly off other sparks. I think it'd look really cool animated!! BTW, Use motion blurring for the image render, and try to change the shutter angle toa higher setting amount. It will accentuate the sparks!

grc
10-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks for that, it seems to be going in the right direction, although finding it hard to get the blur strong enough, trying to ramp up the velocity of the particles as far as I can although this still seems too slow.

etobiason
10-11-2006, 09:20 AM
You could save yourself some trouble by duplicating your scene. In one scene, have all of your models. In the other scene, delete everything but your hypervoxels.

Composite the separate renders later in Photoshop, and you can radial blur the hypervoxels as much as you want.

-e