PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxels queries?

BazC
10-09-2006, 04:13 AM
OK so I've probably gone about this in the most clumsy way but I have some problems with Hypervoxels I'd really appreciate some help with!

I'm creating a storm system with Hypervoxels. I've created a texture for the clouds that I'm happy with and I created the form by adding nulls one at a time, probably not the most efficient method huh? Anyway it's all looking OK and it's time to tweak the details which is where I'm having problems.

I have about 350nulls with the same hypervoxel properties applied. If I have to change one aspect I have to select each one individually and change the parameter one at a time because I can't find any way to multi select the nulls in the hypervoxel editor. Is there some way to do this?

Next is the stretch direction. If I select y as the stretch direction and set the stretch amount to 90% it makes the hypervoxel 90% of the original diameter on the y axis right? But if I set it to velocity it makes it 190% in the direction of movement! Is there some reason why they don't work in the same way?

Thanks for any help! Some way of tweaking all my Hypervoxels at once will save me a LOT of time!

Cheers - Baz

jeremyhardin
10-09-2006, 10:09 AM
I'll be the bearer of bad news...
Nope and Nope. Though I thought velocity behaved more logically. interesting that. I'm not sure particles behave the same way, honestly (and don't have LW in front of me just now).

Your only semblance of automation is search/replace in the text of the scene file, then reloading the scene.

Newtek could add the correct code to make HV's part of the Comm Ring, thus making it automatable via Lscript or compiled plugins. But they have yet to show any interest in doing that.
(Newtek could do this with all the parts of their interface that are 'plugins', even those aquired from 3rd parties along the way.)

BazC
10-09-2006, 10:13 AM
OK thanks for the info Jeremy! Looks like this could take a while! :(