PDA

View Full Version : LightWave Purchase Questions

pumeco
10-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Well I couldn't wait any longer and decided to purchase LightWave.

There's a problem though : http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/price/price_ls.html

If you look at the first offer in the list, it's for a fully boxed/printed edition of LightWave 9. There is also a list of products that qualify for the "Special Offer" pricing, and although I have more than one of the qualifier products, I am unable to figure out exactly how to place this order.

If I click on "Buy Now", I'm taken to a screen where the offer does not apply, and if I visit a reseller - they do not have the "Special Offer" listed.

I live in the UK, and I 'think' NewTek-Europe is located in France, therefore I have some questions before I go any further:

1 - Is it actually possible to order this on the NewTek-Europe site?

2 - If it is, how on earth do I go about it?

3 - Is it despatched from the UK or France?

4 - Has anyone had there LightWave delivered in poor condition (was it packaged well).

5 - Just to confirm, this is CD + DVD + 3 Printed Manuals + LightWave Box + Dongle, for 309+VAT right?

I'd appreciate any info on procedure, confirmation, or experiences from anyone. Lot's of questions I know, but ANY you could answer would be great.

Oh yeah, hurry-up will ya, I wan't to get my hands on the thing :D

BazC
10-08-2006, 08:53 AM
Your best bet is to click on the more info button and fill in the Call Back section, that way Newtek Europe will ring you and you can discuss it with a person. They've always be very helpful and efficient in my experience.

Bliz
10-08-2006, 09:01 AM
The Companion Offer is only for owners of competing 3d packages, listed on top of the page. If you don't have any of the qualifying products, you can't take advantage of that offer, and your price is 499 for the LIGHTWAVE 3D DUO FULL deal.

No, he says he has more than one qualifying product so the discount price is right with him.

Pumeko, It's been a long time since I bought anything directly from Newtek Europe. BazC has got the right idea, get them to call you tomorrow. They are usually pretty good at phoning. Have a couple of serial numbers ready from your other packages or the sales reciept/invoices available to email through.

pumeco
10-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Looks like I'll be in touch with NewTek then, although I'd rather just click and buy.
Thank's all for the replies.