PDA

View Full Version : I WILL get this!!!

bdmovies
10-06-2006, 11:49 PM
Ok, how about this?

You make your background and stuff. You edit in your nice lights and bells and whistles, but no changing text. Put it in the DDR Then you make another CG just with the text (linked into KLTV Scoreboard) with team names, quarter and score. Roll your DDR and then fade the DSK in. Then you could have the cool fly-ins and still have it dynamically change. It would be cool for the DDR to automatically refresh it's CG page, is that possible? THen you could just put your DDR in the DSK and just use that for whatever you needed. But if that doesn't work the 1st idea should work.

kltv
10-07-2006, 01:56 AM
Sorry, I don't think that is going to work for you if I get what you are trying to say... at least part two of your idea. The DDR doesn't refresh the file and the CG skin is not saving the project anyway, so the PNG files are not being replaced as you go along. I could add a save project everytime you update, but I still don't think the DDR will notice the change. I checked the ToasterScript docs and I don't see any obvious way to force a refresh. It might be possible to have it automatically remove and reload the file, but that wouldn't be a very clean update. I'll think about it and if any brilliant idea pops into my head I'll give it a whirl.

If part one is you to use an animated background from the DDR on MAIN and key a DSK at the same time, that will work.

But I do have good news... or at least something to make DDRs in the DSK easier. If you use the "CUE IN" function on the DDR and place it in pause, the DDR will roll automatically when you fade or take the DSK. Very handy for flying key graphics.

Kris

bdmovies
10-07-2006, 09:35 AM
I had doubts with the second idea, but FINALLY!!!! I actually think I've got a way to do this.